My Kit (Im new here.)

The-Beat-Masta

Its a fairly cheap Ludwig CS standard 5 piece kit.

Even though its a starter kit, I put some good heads on them, and after some tuning/muffling, they sound really good :D.

Cymbals:

- 20" Planet Z Ride
- 18" PST 5 Paiste crash
- 16' Sabian B8 Pro rash
- 14" Wuhan china
- 14" Zildjian Planet Z hi-hats
- I'm hoping to upgrade my cymbals one at a time to my dreams cymbals. (Sabian HHX)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/DrummaMan96 (My youtube channel, if you care to check it out)
My early videos are really bad, and my later ones are only kinda bad! :D.

Nonetheless... Where the magic happens.
pic0300.jpg

Last edited:
Most starter kits sound really good. I just can't see the need for all that tape on an already muffled head. Practice a little with your tuning skills and you won't need all that tape or maybe even the pre-muffled heads. I really like the sound and looks of Ludwig kits.

Dennis

Most starter kits sound really good. I just can't see the need for all that tape on an already muffled head. Practice a little with your tuning skills and you won't need all that tape or maybe even the pre-muffled heads. I really like the sound and looks of Ludwig kits.

Dennis

Thanks for the input, and you are right. Its just really hard to get the right sounds without all of the extra muffle. I will try again sometime soon. It's so hard to do though lol. But it is good practice I guess.

Hey! Welcome to DW!! You've got a great mindset....upgrade little by little , starting with drumheads. New heads will do wonders!! You might want to consider moongel for muffling; you can cut it, hang some off the hoop, add more, etc to get the "sweet spot."

Back