Recording Weekend

mikeyhanson

Silver Member
My wife is busy for the weekend, so I'm getting together with a buddy to do some writing, idea sharing and recording. We spent the day setting up gear and getting tones. Tomorrow we'll be spending it on playing.
The room is in the basement of an old train station in my city. Pretty cool, actually, as there aren't many people around, so you can get loud. The old industrial vibe of the building adds to the ambience.

Stuff:
Ludwig Centennials with a Centurian Snare drum. Zildjian Mastersound hats, Sabian crashes and Ride.
We put 421's on the kick and both floors, Sennheiser 904 on the rack [to be replaced in the morning by the one my buddy forgot at home], 57A on the snare top and 904 on the bottom, and a pair of overheads. We're going to do a couple different mic combinations throughout the day to see what happens. Experimenting is fun!

Attachments

• miked.jpg
    miked.jpg
    751.7 KB · Views: 405
Cool! Love the Centennials! Had a great session today. Lots of fun and what a great sound! I'll post some audio up when I get it from my buddy.

Okay, so here's some audio from the session over the weekend. Since we were both into hearing our new gear, we weren't paying attention much to what we were doing, other than playing a little Follow The Leader. First take....warts and all.

Freight Train

Back