My humble snare collection....

Bonzobilly

So I was just cooing over my 3 amigos and I figured I would share with some peeps who could appreciate!

1967 LM-400 supra which once I have the p83 and baseball bat, will be complete.

2012 Black beauty. 6.5x14 with tubes and p85 which I will be swapping out with a p 86 soon.

2012 classic maple exotic in birdseye. 8x14 Mini classic lugs, oval badge (beautiful!), p33 butt plate, die cast hoops and p86 strainer.

I used to be an audio freak and bought this stupid expensive rack for my gear. My wife later took it over with family photos and such. It is made in Italy and really not worth the 750 bucks I paid for it in 2001. I have now reposessed it and decided my snares are more than worthy of such display. As my collection grows, the pics will have to find a new home!!

Attachments

• drums 2 001.jpg
    drums 2 001.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 362
  • drums 2 002.jpg
    drums 2 002.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 351
  • drums 2 003.jpg
    drums 2 003.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 349
  • drums 2 004.jpg
    drums 2 004.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 356
  • drums 2 005.jpg
    drums 2 005.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 352
  • drums 2 006.jpg
    drums 2 006.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 352
Hammered bronze with tubes is next. Ludwig, of course. Maybe I'll venture out an get another manufacture's drum. Gotta be a Craviotto or a Brady!! I'll be sure to keep this from wifey!! Ha ha.

The
Hammered bronze with tubes is next. Ludwig, of course. Maybe I'll venture out an get another manufacture's drum. Gotta be a Craviotto or a Brady!! I'll be sure to keep this from wifey!! Ha ha.

The DW/Craviotto snares sound every bit as good as Craviottos, cost less, and are kinda collectible. That's an option, too...

Thanks for the tip! What's the story with those DW/Craviotto snares?

I dunno the whole story, but back in the 90s, Craviotto worked for/was contracted by DW. Well, they used his shells, put DW hardware on them, and put both DW and Craviotto badges on them. Some people say this is when Craviotto perfected his shell-building process. I have played on several, and they're the real deal. I have one, a 14x5.5, and I love it.

Of course, just about any steambent shell from a reputable manufacturer will do the trick, but these DW/Craviottos are kinda like the hidden gem of steambent snares. You can find them on eBay priced pretty reasonably...

Back