RCI Starlite Starfire Drum Kit 2

JohnnyC

Hello All!! The first pics I put up were back in April of this year and the kit grew since. This is the version that went to The Southern Drum Show in Nashville,TN. this past July. While I was there I went over to NAMM and saw some really awesome drums and cymbals. I got to meet many people from the industry and had my picture taken by Johnathan Mover Editor of Drumhead Magazine. Look for me in this months issue. Hope you enjoy!! JohnnyC

Attachments

• The RCI Starlite Starfire Drum Kit2 copy.jpg
    The RCI Starlite Starfire Drum Kit2 copy.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,571
  • IMG_0818 copy.jpg
    IMG_0818 copy.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,150
  • IMG_0824 copy.jpg
    IMG_0824 copy.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,108
  • IMG_0829 copy.jpg
    IMG_0829 copy.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 941
i still cant believe this kit is real lol :D

a few questions
1. set up time ?
2. tuning time?
3. how many vehicles needed to transport it?
4. where do u keep this? like a room in your house?
5. how much did it cost?
- the drums
- the cymbals
- the hardware

6. YOUTUBE VIDS OF PLAYING PLEASE :D

to sum up my post, your kit is beautiful :p

I see you've chosen the infamous "less is more" philosophy : )

How many other drummers play this kit with you? LOL!
If you don't post vids soon you're gonna catch a lot of flack around here! A time lapse vid of the setting up would be great as well as a playing vid.

I am a charter subscriber to Drumhead Magazine, and love it. I'll look for you in the newest issue.

Hello! To answer a few questions for you guys. There is 2 vids out there of me playing and tuning the first version of this kit back in April on youtube. The vids are kind of lame cuz I was waring dress shoes and I play bare footed. Setup time took over 9 hrs. in Nashville cuz all the positioning moving during transportation by truck. So I had to almost build it from scratch for the drum show. Tuning time was very little cuz these drums stay in tune nicely. Transportation so far has been by rental truck. The kit is totally issured for $60,000 dollars in my home, in transit and at what ever venue I set it up at. This is my personal drum kit. I own it and I created it totally from scratch. I use Gibralter rack parts,many diferent cymbals of various companies. Pedals are all DW pedals including remote hihats. The kit is set up full time in my home in CT. where drummers come to audition RCI drums. Anyone can do this just by calling and making an appointment with me. I have been playing and creating drum kits for over 40 yrs. When I set out to creat this kit I wanted it to be like nothing I'd every played and saw before. Half the fun of playing for me now is sharing what I do with others. I do agree with the thinking less is more. Most of the time I enjoy playing a very stripped down version. If you would like to write to me more my e-mail is [email protected] Thanks again, JohnnyC

Back