Anybody else play with socks/bare feet?

While stilettos won't necessarily help your drumming they DO make your legs look great! And your grooves will be much sexier (at least in your own mind). Seriously, it's socks when playing at home because I do not wear shoes in the house. Socks/slippers with the little grippy discs on the bottom win hands down. I have actually kind of experimented with footware simply because I never know what I'll be in when I show up for my lesson. Last week it was riding boots. Not recommended.

Attachments

• MILAN39.jpg
    MILAN39.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 86
ooo la laa! stilettos! i have actually seen some girls play drums wearing those.

i used to play barefoot all the time but i gave it up because i learned the stage is not a good place to be walking around barefoot. too many sharp things embedded in the floor! it's not safe! sometimes in the summer i wear flip flops on stage and then kick them off when it's time to play. that works pretty well.

I've recently grown to like wearing thick snowboarding boots.

not really.... although I have played in them before, very odd playing with 3 inches of rubber under your feet....

in all seriousness, i can play in shoes, socks or bare feet, i practice enough with all of the above that it doesn't affect me ethier way.

-Jonathan

Sometimes when I'm in the studio playing softer styles I'll take the shoes off. It helps me chill out and feel like I'm at home, which is a great way to be while under the microscope of a recording session. ;-)

When playing louder/high energy styles I always wear shoes - usually vans or some other lightweight and smooth-soled shoe. I feel better with the support of a shoe when I'm burying the beater although I always try to wear something with a thin sole so I can get a better 'feel' for the pedals..

Cheers,
Jeff

Back