Pearl Export. Lots of low-end cymbals. But it looks cool.

805Drummer

Gold Member
Doesn't it look cool?

Pic0372.jpg

Pic0378.jpg

Pic0377.jpg

More pics soon, maybe.

What do you think?

Exports actually sound fine if well tuned and well played.

But focusing on the looks rather than getting the best sound from a kit is not the right choice in my opinion.

Well first off, I have them tuned very nicely, and although I know a better kit would sound better, I don't see why you guys think the Exports are so bad. They sound fine with new heads on them!

Also, this isn't my new permanent setup. My friend just brought over two cymbals, and we played to see what it was like with a bunch of cymbals.

Dude, this is your third thread about this kit (in one form or another). You didn't get the responses you wanted in the second one (when you got rid of the good drums for crappy ones), so why start another thread?

I mean, keep an eye on what other drummers in here do as they change their kits. They bring up their original thread, and paste new pictures.

I think your kit is an eyesore. But I'm not a fan of frankenstein kits so I guess that's only natural.

I'm curious. What exactly is it that you think is so incredible about the kit? Is it the fact that you've pieced it together from other kits?

stick with the 805's. they look better and im guessing they sound better too. As with a lot on here im not really a fan of 'frankenstien kits', but hey, whatever works for you.
- ash

I have the exact same PDP in all white but the smaller configuration..

I also used to own a Pearl Export before hand...i upgraded to the 805 so i really dont see why you have downgraded from it to an export :S they sound terrible when compared.

I would lose the stock heads from the two floor toms, i tried for hours on end to make them sound good but nothing came of it. I stuck some Evans EC2's on and they sounded amazing...

You mensioned in another thread that you are short...so try and bring your cymbals a little closer together and your hats closer to your snare.

Again, you guys make the kid feel bad.

Personally, if YOU like it, not everyone else on the forum, stick with it.

Theres nothing wrong with trying to put together a kit. If thats what he likes, its what he likes. Sure they arent the best kits in the world, but at least he is making an attempt and he actually lkikes the way they sound.

Again, you guys make the kid feel bad.

Personally, if YOU like it, not everyone else on the forum, stick with it.

Theres nothing wrong with trying to put together a kit. If thats what he likes, its what he likes. Sure they arent the best kits in the world, but at least he is making an attempt and he actually lkikes the way they sound.

+1....

i have some old CB's....they arent anything special....but, they sound nice...and im not ashamed to tell people at gigs that they are CB's...cause they do not sound like CB's...

glad you love your new franken kit 805Drummer!

Alex

No, it doesn't look cool if you ask me, It's hideous.
I'd just stick with the PDP and 3 or four cymbals and it'd be a classy kit.
But if you like it like that, go on. You'll grow out of it.

quality> quantity, and you flipped the floor tom right!!! woo!!! thanks for listening to me

Back