101_1554.jpg

101_1555.jpg

101_1556.jpg

101_1557.jpg

101_1558.jpg

101_1559.jpg

101_1560.jpg

101_1561.jpg

Nice stuff. What's with the wall decorations? Did you get tired of them or are they cracked?

Nice stuff. What's with the wall decorations? Did you get tired of them or are they cracked?
No cracks. They're 13" Quick Beat hats and a 16" A crash. I play the hats now and then, but really don't have room for the crash. I got a good deal on them and kinda have a cymbal addiction.

Man, I love your cymbal set-up. Looks comfy, I've seen that finish so many times but it gets old and tired very, very slowly.. I still like seeing that finish! Top notch stuff.
Cool reso head, too.

Nice! Great cymbals, too.

However, the way it's set up is far from what I'd call ideal. Those rack tom angles hurt my eyes (how can you even hit them without poking a hole in the head?) Overall the kit looks like everything could come a lot closer together. Unless you have very long arms. :)

Well, I'l shut up now, you will know best. Have fun with those beauties!

Very nice! how much?

seriously, how much did you pick these up for? Unrelated to your new kit, I really love your signature Tom Sawyer.

Very nice! how much?

seriously, how much did you pick these up for? Unrelated to your new kit, I really love your signature Tom Sawyer.
$800 for the bass, four toms and snare. They needed new heads and a little touch up on some nicks on the tom shells and bass hoops, but really nice for a used kit. I think it is an older Saturn since it's all maple (not the maple/walnut) and the badges say Saturn Pro, which isn't a current line for Mapex.

The first kit was nice, but those Saturns are really nice! And $800 bucks is a helluva good price. That was for the snare too? Isn't that the same JC snare from the first kit? How is the JC snare, by the way? I really dig his snare sound.

Can that tom mount be removed from the bass drum since you're not using it? My other suggestion would be to combine more than one cymbal on a couple of those stands, and maybe mount one off that second tom stand, so you don't have that forest of stands going on.

The first kit was nice, but those Saturns are really nice! And $800 bucks is a helluva good price. That was for the snare too? Isn't that the same JC snare from the first kit? How is the JC snare, by the way? I really dig his snare sound.

Can that tom mount be removed from the bass drum since you're not using it? My other suggestion would be to combine more than one cymbal on a couple of those stands, and maybe mount one off that second tom stand, so you don't have that forest of stands going on.
I'm sorry, I should have clarified in my first post that the snare I got with the Mapex kit was a matching black Saturn. I kept my JC from my first kit.

I really love the JC Sig snare; it's my favorite piece of gear I won and my first "pro" level drum purchase a while back. I keep the batter head choked up pretty tight and the snare side a bit looser. You can really get a lote of different sounds out of it. I just picked up an Emperor X to replace the Ambassador on top.

As far as the setup goes, I know I need to make some adjustments. I just threw it together fairly quick for taking some pics.

I have the same wrap on my PDPs. It's a revival of the 60s 70s wrap that Ludwig called Vintage Sky Blue Pearl. I think it's a Delmar wrap and DW brought it back for the CX series in early 2000s. They've discontinued it but Jammin Sam in Arizona has some in stock and I bought some to make an 18 in floor tom for my PDPs.

I think they sound great.

BTW that JC snare is the bomb. It is wonderfully dry and articulate. An Emporer X is overkill. That drum really sings with a thinner head.

Back