where to download sheet music not tabs

jimgerhen

I am looking for some websites to get some sheet music. I was told not to use tabs for drums.
Can anyone suggest some links?
Thanks
Jim

Drum mags are a good resource for sheet music. Modern Drummer, Rhythm, Drummer all usually do sheet music, song transcriptions etc. If you're trying to find sheet music for a specific song then there are a few places you can try. i know there are great transcriptions on here to look around on this site. Also, google and google image are great. It's surprising how much sheet music you can find by typing in the instrument and the song title. Sometimes it throws out a load of unrelated pages, but it's definitely worth a shot. Another thing you can do is download a midi file for the song and then put it into a program like sibelius or noteworthy player. Providing the midi file is accurate you can get some decent sheet music from those. Bar that, you can always have a go at transcribing yourself. Its a long process, but is worth it in the end. I usually find by the time i've finished transcribing something, i know it pretty well. You spend lots of time listening to the song over and over, so you end up picking up on the nuances that you would easily miss.

Back