Starclassic B/B Limited Edition (2010)

sweet i wish i could hear them. Right now on my kit i have a mix of sabian and paiste. TRX cymbals seem to sound pretty good too. at least they do on some of the drum covers i hear on youtube. have you used them before?

i own 13" sabian AA fusion hats, at the time they were my thing, but i regret buying them, too bright and high pitched for my liking now... i also own a 20" paiste twenty masters dark crash ride, mainly use it as a crash, love it!

i have seen and heard TRX in person, i think for the price (or at least in australia) they do not translate over... to me they sound pretty average, and i mean i can buy bosphorus cymbals for cheaper, and they sound better... hard to beat bosphorus in australia, in my opinion!

but if you like TRX cymbals go ahead and buy them, if you like the way they sound that's all that matters!

oh i know how that goes. my first set was a tama swingstar and it came with some sabian AA hats which did not sound good at all. they are too thrashy sounding. not crisp enough for me. The hats themselves are actually really thick which i think is the problem. i just bought some sabian aax accelerator hats and i love them! how do your cymbals hold up against abuse? my 13' sabian el sabor splash only held up for about 2 years or so. but its kind of my go to cymbal since i love the way it sounds.

well i cracked my 22" meinl heavy ride, and 19" bosphorus rock crash within 3 days of having them each, however im pretty sure that was a manufacturing fault, they're all good now.

also keep in mind that splashes being smaller cymbals you should hit them softer, they're much more prone to breakage, 2 years is a long time too! haha

i think sabian AA and AAX series are great cymbals, just not for me...

i guess two years is a long time now that i think about it haha. i think im more on the heavy hitter side. (depending on the sound im looking for of course) But im still using the chipped cymbal now. i use it when i practice but when i do a show ill bring out the good one. saves on the breakage haha.

Back