Yamaha tom with YESS mount - will it fit into a standard bag?

GentleGroove

Hello,

I have a Yamaha Tour Custom and I'm considering buying a set of bags for the kit. My doubt is, will the 12" tom fit into a standard bag due to the YESS mount? From my measurements, the mount seems to be about 1 1/2 inches long, so should I consider ordering a 13" bag instead? Can any of the Yamaha owners here share your experiences on this matter?

Cheers

I have a variety of cases for my Yamaha drums and they all work for me.

Protection Racket, Great soft padded bag
Humes & Berg, Padded hard shell case
Nomad, Cheaper hard case with no foam but it works for local transport and keeps the drums from getting scratched up

Yh i got a tour custom! thinking about biying some bags? Thinking baout getting Protection Racket because they have space for Rims! so the YESS mounting should fit in! im goin to a drum shop on saturday so i can ask!

hey, I emailed Protection Racket about Yamaha Drums and the YESS Mounts and they said they fit in the normal sizes. i.e no rims or extra sizes needed! :)

Hello,

I have a Yamaha Tour Custom and I'm considering buying a set of bags for the kit. My doubt is, will the 12" tom fit into a standard bag due to the YESS mount? From my measurements, the mount seems to be about 1 1/2 inches long, so should I consider ordering a 13" bag instead? Can any of the Yamaha owners here share your experiences on this matter?

Cheers

Depends on the bag. My Humes and Berg Tuxedo bags fit Yamaha Yess mounts without needing to up-size.

Wayne

I use Protection Racket Nutcase bags for my yammie and they fit no worries at all. you might find the 22" a bit tight around your bass drum but it will go on. a 20" kick fits much better into a 22 bag

Hello,

Cheers

Get a size bigger for each, you'll be happy you did. You won't be 'peeling' the drums out of the bags, like you do with normal size bags.

Reinserting also becomes less of a chore with oversized bags, not to mention more protection and greater ease of handling.

I'm using the Protection Racket Bags with my Yammies and I have the bags made for use with the Rims system. You should be fine with stock size bags for the YESS system

DSCN7150.jpg

DSCN7797.jpg

Yep. Mike's right. I have standard protection racket bags for all my MCA toms with YESS mounts. They fit true to tom size with plenty of room for the YESS mount.

YESS, you can. Ha ha, I kill me. I have PR bags in standard sizes and my Yamaha MCAN's fit just fine.

hi, My protection racket cases came this morning for my yamaha Kit. They don't hav rims extra space and are normal sizes. they fit fine for yamaha kit and look amazing! :)

Back