What Color For New Yamahas?

It depends on the effect you are after. Brighter colors catch lights. More conservative colors look more "mature."

I like:
Apple sparkle fade
Blue sparkle fade
Cherry wood
Sea Blue
Sea blue fade
Silver Sparkle
Red Sparkle
Green sparkle
White mica
White marine pearl

So many choices...!

First off Congrats on the KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great choice

Secondly, when it comes to color everyone's taste, just as with music, pedals and everything else is very subjective. In the end it's your money and your kit so you need to be happy with it and not what everyone else thinks you should have.

If it's me I'm thinking I'd get a color that's timeless so that in 10 years you're not wanting to change the color because it was really cool 10 years ago.

My choices would be
Anyone of the blacks, some of the fades look really cool and vintage black looks cool because it shows the grain of the wood which is a nice touch.

Silver sparkle(looks really nice on stage under the lights)

Cherry black fade

Can't wait to see your kit. what sizes are you going to order?

Congrats on getting a New kit you will love Yamaha

Here's some pic's of my chioce of color it's a BCAN

DSCN6249.jpg

DSCN6238.jpg

Either the White Martin Pearl or the Silver Sparkle. In my own years of viewing drum finishes, I believe those to be the most awesome.

I have silver sparkle and love it! The black sparkle also looks really sharp. SoCalMike's looks incredible!

You certainly have a lot of options, but I can't tell from the color patches on that website what the kit will actually look like.

You'll love whatever you end up with...

Congrats on the beautiful kit! I happen to be a BCA player and a big fan of Yamaha. I like the red pearl natural, black sparkle fade, and cherry clack fade. My set is a discontinued royal blue metalic color and I wish I went with something darker and more traditional. Also, just a heads up, I have a friend who has the vintage natural finish and it started looking very yellow over time (thats why I rec. the red pearl if you go natural). Good luck and have fun!

After seeing that with the finishes on the toms my choices would be

Cherry Black Fade (I'm really loving that color!!!)

Black sparkle sunburst or fade

Black pearl fade looks interesting though that one I'd want to see in person

Brown fade.

All classic finishes that will be timeless.

Congrats on getting a New kit you will love Yamaha

Here's some pic's of my chioce of color it's a BCAN

DSCN6249.jpg

DSCN6238.jpg

That's a gorgeous finish--what's it called? I couldn't find it on the Yamaha site. Do they still offer it?

Back