Stone Custom Cherry bop kit

BillRayDrums

Gold Member
This made it to a client the other day. I did the bass drum head.

http://stonecustomdrum.com/blog/40-...-nicholas-lucero-as-an-official-endorser.html

nl-cherry.jpg

nl-cherry2.jpg

I think the gold really pops with the shell finish :) Nice job!

How did you work the reso head design Bill ?

I take a high-resolution picture and do it up in Illustrator, throw a clipping mask over it then send the art to my friend who prints it on a very thin substrate that won't affect the tone (it actually seems to enhance it)... the material is about 2mils thick and it just prints right on. He applies it and then it's done. Real simple. You'll need a heat gun to take it off.

10150701_10201530895145516_3419856614726013641_n.jpg

I take a high-resolution picture and do it up in Illustrator, throw a clipping mask over it then send the art to my friend who prints it on a very thin substrate that won't affect the tone (it actually seems to enhance it)... the material is about 2mils thick and it just prints right on. He applies it and then it's done. Real simple. You'll need a heat gun to take it off.
Very nice! I applied a 2mil film print to a reso head a while back. It did alter the tone, but I went to a thinner reso head in anticipation of that, & it's fine :)

10150701_10201530895145516_3419856614726013641_n.jpg

Looks great...............can you post pics of the kit?..............cant access the link at work.

Funny, from a distance those badges on the toms look just like 70's Slingerland badges.
and 20 inch bass drum?

Love the artwork. Understand, but don't like the advertising. The spurs look identical to my Gretsch Renown

Funny, from a distance those badges on the toms look just like 70's Slingerland badges.
and 20 inch bass drum?

Bernie decided to carry forth that classic look, much like other car manufacturers would use elements of design that would "nod" towards the archetype.

That being said, the drums are manufactured on the actual machines that Slingerland drums were made on from the early 1940's up until 1997 or so. Also, Bernie knew and learned the methods of these machines from Mr. Moritz, the man who was the floor manager for decades.

So as far as being "Slingerland" they are 99% "that way" except for the Stone designation.

So... "Stonerland"...?!? :D

That's an 18" kick.

Here's the history page: http://stonecustomdrum.com/who-are-stone-custom-drum.html

Love the artwork. Understand, but don't like the advertising. The spurs look identical to my Gretsch Renown

I'm sorry about the ad props. I'm the web guy for SCD and I like to share. Perhaps I can work out some good discount price for some of the NAMM drums for the members of this forum... I dunno, you tell me.

I'm more than happy to put a link back from SCD over to Drummerworld. Send me a 180x150 tile and I'll run it immediately.

That's a fine looking kit, with a fine looking reso head. Very classy.

What's going on with the floor tom? The bottom hoop looks to be oversized, and the legs appear to be attached right on to it?

That's a fine looking kit, with a fine looking reso head. Very classy.

What's going on with the floor tom? The bottom hoop looks to be oversized, and the legs appear to be attached right on to it?

That's a floor tom basket. I've got one too.

Love the red and gold theme of this kit, really warm looking.

That's a floor tom basket. I've got one too.

Love the red and gold theme of this kit, really warm looking.

Just looked that up; pretty interesting to say the least. I wouldn't like having to get a larger diameter bag to accommodate, though.

Back