LUDWIG on the Travel Channel Tonight 8PM

I'll never get that 10 minutes back. That host is weak and with only about 8 minutes you don't get much. The Wiffle Ball segment was better.

I agree. Host is weak. Cool to see the drums and all that but... eh.

The Wiffle ball thing was pretty cool.

There's a cool segment on making Pearl drums on Ian Paice's dvd Not For The Pros.
Very small group of people making those drums.
They go to Remo and Pro-Mark as well.

DW's videos are nice for seeing "how it's made" too.

Wow, that's crazy MFB! You sound just like I do here though...so strange.

Sticks:
It's the edges, and the way they make their shells is all I can say.
Ludwig still makes it's own shells--one reason I like them. Huge range of sizes available at fair prices are other reasons, on top of the sound.

There are drum builders that say the lug itself will have something to do with the sound a brand makes too. The lug size, shape, amount of screws, they say all goes into the sound of a brand. I read this years ago.

Here's what I can say about Ludwig shell performance.

John Good talks a lot about DW's "Timber Matching" and "family of shells" and all that.
And they match shells for a "kit" so they all sound like they go together.
Makes sense.

Well, I have a set of 4ply Super Classics ('90), a couple shells that are what they called "vintage" shells that are 5 ply Maple ('00-'01), and a bunch of Classic Maple.

With all those different shell layups, and years between buying them (over a 21 year period), there should be some sound differences right?

Well, I can take ANY shell I want, any size, make a "kit" and they ALL sound like they are supposed to go together.
They ALL have also sounded great with any head combo I've wanted to use.
Tuned up and got a sound I've liked easily too.

They hold up great, no problems, and feel good to play on.

Can't ask for more than that out of some round wood shells with some plastic stretched over them.
I wouldn't waste your time in a pissing contest with sticks bout drums. He dropped in the "Show us your DWs" thread a number of times to educate us on the fact we're all playing overpriced, overhyped boring maple drums.

ETA - :)

Well sometimes the truth can set you free. :) Guess I shouldn't really worry, it's not my money. :)

neither does Sam Adams..lol but I do like my Canadian beers. too bad we have the greatest Hockey team though.......GO RED WINGS.

Bonzolead
They have been consistently good that is for sure. They are like my Habs used to be. :)

learn something new everyday don't. be offended. at least you like one of the orig. 6

Bonzolead
Don't feel so bad. I spelled Canadians wrong. They use Canadiens, the French spelling. Habs is the Canadian nick name for the team, which comes from the French nickname "Les Habitants".

Appreciate the consolation post. I wouldnt have minded seeing the wiffle balls either tho. There is a little bit of magic in them.

Back