Got a new kit!! Finally!

SergiuM

I just got a new kit! I finally got rid of my E-Drums! Its a Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage Nouveau with Zildjian A Custom cymbals ( 14'' hats, 14 crash, 16 crash, 22 ride) and double braced stands. Everything is in great condition (besides the heads). Came with Yamaha Double bass pedals (use it more as a single pedal though). Bought it all for $850 on craigslist. I think it was a great buy.

One question i have, are these all birch? I didn't look very much into the kit itself before i bought it, but it sounds fantastic.

Heres the photo link if its not showing up here: http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb455/SergiuM42/?action=view&current=photo.jpg

SergiuM42

Probably ... you have this ... "Stage Custom Advantage Nouveau shells are constructed of an outer ply of Birch (gloss finishes) or Oak (matte finishes), six plies of Philippine Mahogany, and an inner ply of Falkata. The shells produce a warm tone with a low fundamental with a good balance of attack and sustain."

Thank you for the reply Harry. It's a gloss finish so i suppose the outer ply is birch.

Hey man nice kit. I've got a set of stage customs and they really are great drums. Might wanna get some new heads though, those look old. I slapped some coated EC2's on mine and they sound alot deeper and warmer. And definatly get some rings or moongel. The tape kinda threw me off

Congrats on the kit! May it give you years of musical joy. Peace and goodwill.

Congrats, man!!

Stage Customs are awesome drums and sound great! You're gonna have fun with them. Practice a lot! :)

Cheers.

Thanks guys! I just got coated Emperors for the batter and clear Emperors for the resonant on the toms. It's a great sounding kit, I'll definitely be playing them a lot. Still gotta buy some moongel though.

Back