My Yammy Maple Custom Absolutes

JerryOnDrums

I absolutely love these drums. Puts a smile on my face every time I sit down. :)

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

Here is how they sound recorded with my band:

www.myspace.com/groupthinkmusic

Go to the second track, as the first one is a crappy little promo thing we did for our upcoming CD release. :p

Well this pic is a *little* bit old, but right now I'm using Sabian Evolution hi-hats and crash cymbals: 14" hats, two 18" crashes, and an 18" O-Zone. The ride is a Zildjian 21" K Custom Special Dry.

In the pic, I was using a 16" Evo crash stacked on top of an 18" O-Zone...it was pretty cool, but I wanted something with a little more sustain, so I went back to the O-Zone by itself.

First the bebop gretsches now these. Welcome to the forum indeed...

EDIT: Just listened to your band's tunes. Great stuff!! Really enjoyed it and of course the drums sound phenomenal.

Nice stuff. I have some identical to that and I love them too. Have you thought of putting rims mounts on them? For some reason, the toms open up even more when they aren't on the Yamaha spikes.

Nice kit bro. Mine are identical to those in finish. I play a 10x7.5/12x9/16x14 and they sound great. I know what they sound like and I know you're digging them! As far as the reply mentioning the R.I.M.S. mounts, I have a friend who has developed a mounting system that opens up drums as well. Really ingenious idea. The Yamaha mounting system is great, but it does inhibit the resonance somewhat. They really do open up with a R.I.M.S. type mounting system. Food for thought.....

The Yamaha mounting system is great, but it does inhibit the resonance somewhat. They really do open up with a R.I.M.S. type mounting system. Food for thought.....

I thought I would add my .02 on the RIMS as you Guys know you can't beat the sound of a Yammie the only way is to add Rims. The YESS system is a Great system for smaller toms I have a 10" 12" 14" 16" all rack mounted.
With the 14" 16" it's just to heavy for the YESS system the drums choke on the hex rod so I added the RIMS from Gibraltar for the chrome look. I have been using the Orig RIMS for many years on my Ludwig and Pearl kit's from the 80's on. It's really the way to go and the sound is like Wow!!!!

DSCN7150.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys/gals!!

Yeah, I've thought about getting the RIMS mounts for the 14" and 16", but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm sure if I hear some Yammies in person with the mounts, it would help change my mind. :p

youenjoy00myself: much thanks for the kind words. The 20X14" bass drum really surprised me during recording; it totally gets a huge sound in the studio. And that recording has exactly ZERO EQ-ing on the bass drum as well. Just a DB112 inside the drum.

I'm positive that, for rock music at least, I'll never use another type of drum (well, as long as I don't get some sweet endorsement deal, that is. :p)

Edit: PS- those are Evans EC2 Clear heads on the toms, stock reso heads. On the snare now, I'm using an Aquarian Modern Vintage Medium. I absolutely love those heads.

Clint! You kit has a twin!

Great kit.......my favorite Yammie MCAN too! DO you sometimes just and stare at the drum? Like you are in an art gallery?

Back