Show me your Sabian Hats/Ride combo.

BattleArmor

Silver Member
Hey guys.

I would love to see some of your fav. Sabian hi hat and ride combinations, and why you use them.

Thanks

I'll post some pics later, but I've got 14" Xs20 hats and a 20" AA medium ride. I love the brightness and the crashability of them.

14" Sabian Hand-Hammered bright top over 14" Paiste giant beat bottom. Does that count? I guess not but at my school I use aax 14" stage hats and the 21" stage ride and they compliment each other nicely, natch. The stage hats are surprisingly versatile.

I really liked 14 HHX Stage hats with the 20 HHX Stage ride. Although they are the same model and series, I didn't buy them as a set. I picked them each out of several other models and they just happened to both be Stages. The hats have a great dark, warm tone but still have a nice hiss. The ride is medium weight but cuts like heavier cymbal, but retains a nice, dark wash of a lighter cymbal. They are both very nice.

Attachments

• hhxride2copy.JPG
    hhxride2copy.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 434
  • mydrumsHHXdriverleft.JPG
    mydrumsHHXdriverleft.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 424
Cool so far...

Come on ya'll I know we have more Sabian lovers out there!

I really liked 14 HHX Stage hats with the 20 HHX Stage ride. Although they are the same model and series, I didn't buy them as a set. I picked them each out of several other models and they just happened to both be Stages. The hats have a great dark, warm tone but still have a nice hiss. The ride is medium weight but cuts like heavier cymbal, but retains a nice, dark wash of a lighter cymbal. They are both very nice.

At our orchestra we use the 20" HHX Stage ride as a suspended cymbal. It sounds great as a suspended cymbal, but I tried it once at a drumset, but I didn't like it. But it is your choice to play it.

Bram

Hey guys.
I would love to see some of your fav. Sabian hi hat and ride combinations, and why you use them.
Thanks
---------------------------
I like the 14" Evolution HHs . Can get wide range of sounds from them.
20" Evolution Ride. Not too dry & not to washy. Can also be played as a crash if necessary. I rarely use it as a crash though.
To me this combination is not to harsh or aggressive but has a strong musical sound about them.
There are better cymbals, but for the price I reckon the Evolution (Weckl sig) are very good value.

I have played a various assortment of Zildjian, Bosphorus and Istanbul combinations. I've enjoyed all of them. I however recently have discovered that I'm quite partial to Sabian cymbals. My bread and butter combination 95 percent of the time is the 22 inch paragon ride paired with the 13 inch paragon hats. This ride cuts through anything and has great stick definition which being Pearts sig. ride this is no surprise. The bell well lets just say it is really pronounced. Very important qualities in a ride for me as I like to play alot of odd and changing time signatures. The 13 inch hats are so versitile they are bright and loud with a perfect blend of cut, wash and definition.

When I want to play reggae, fusion and more groove oriented styles I'll sometimes switch up to a 21 inch hh vintage ride paired with hh 14 inch bright hats the ride has a bit more wash and crashes better and the bright hats are a bit louder and warmer than the Paragons.

Back