Ludwig restoration project complete

Hi

I have finally completed my Ludwig restoration project, see pics, hope you like....

SNV33377.jpg

SNV33380.jpg

For more details and pictures see original thread....
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43367

Outstanding job......you should be very proud of yourself
Looks like pure class
Cheers
Phil

That is one of nicest kits I've seen here, I use to have a kit just like that, great job.

Thanks for all the kind comments, its been a labour of love. :)

crdirtRider856 - The finish is 1970's Blue Oyster, often referred to as 'bowling ball' and not everyones favourite Ludwig finish to be honest. (But I like it)

The only 'before' picture I have is this one, which shows the kit, missing its bottom rims and with rusty/pitted hardware. Most of the hardware has now been replaced and the difference is amazing.

SNV30596.jpg

An close up of the kick drum after the kick hoops were sanded and resprayed and t-handles/claws replaced. The results are really pleasing to my eye anyway.

SNV33383.jpg

...very nice.

Doesn't it feel great to know that you had a hand in turning something with potential into something very special and personal ?

Thanks for sharing this.

Very nice indeed.

Barry

Is that a supra? Nice job with the restore, they look great. And it looks like you buff your cymbals...

Congratulations on a great restoration.

I really love the finish - one of the nicest I've seen.

beautiful....love that finish

Fantastic job, looks like a new kit. I wonder how many old kits are out there gathering dust and just looking for someone like you (and alot of us) to clean them up and put them back to good use.

Again, great job!

Jack

If I hadn't read the title of the thread, I would have thought they came straight from Guitar Center.

Back