My loaner kit!

Bull

Gold Member
One of my friends loaned me one of his kits for a project I'm doing.The snare, cymbals, and hardware are all mine.

74499_1651617527732_1155834179_2141667_1210717_n.jpg

71753_1651620127797_1155834179_2141674_7037246_n.jpg

It's gonna be a sad day when he asks for it back. :)

I went about 16 years hardly touching the sticks. During that time, I was singing in a Metal band. I always had a kit. For most of that time, the drummer would use my gear. A few years ago, we got a deal on a small upstart label. I sold my gear to help pay some legal fees. We got a small advance and bought new equipment for the entire band.. It belongs to the band. Being that I supplied the gear for all those years,should the band officially disband,the drums will be mine. We've had quite a bit of downtime. We have been looking for a drummer. So, I have full access to the band kit. I just want a 26" kick and my buddy has a spare. :)

The band kit is a Spaun
2- 18x22/8/10/12/15/18
in trans purple burst

I will see if I can find some pics

Beauty! I love big drums. Those are huge sizes, yet they're setup very comfortably. You must be very tall or sit abnormally high? Most average-sized folks will have that 14x12" at a Craiglist-esque angle, pointing right at their face...and have it placed way out in left field.

I bet they sound great! Would love to hear 'em, if you have anything recorded.

Beauty! I love big drums. Those are huge sizes, yet they're setup very comfortably. You must be very tall or sit abnormally high? Most average-sized folks will have that 14x12" at a Craiglist-esque angle, pointing right at their face...and have it placed way out in left field.

I bet they sound great! Would love to hear 'em, if you have anything recorded.

I'm only 6' tall. I sit about an inch higher than my old Pearl thrones lowest position. The 14x 14 won't allow me to get things exactly where I want them. Things might be a bit higher than I would prefer but it helps get the rack and floor closer together.

Nothing is recorded yet. :)

I'm only 6' tall. I sit about an inch higher than my old Pearl thrones lowest position. The 14x 14 won't allow me to get things exactly where I want them. Things might be a bit higher than I would prefer but it helps get the rack and floor closer together.

Nothing is recorded yet. :)

Interesting, I'm also 6' tall and don't sit too terribly high. I think you sit higher than I do, though - your floor toms sit higher than the kick. Mine are perfectly level with a 24"

I'm sooooo tempted to buy a 26"...if I could just talk myself into it. ;) I'd do a 13x9" up top, though, so I could get it somewhat comfortable.

The only other sticker for me is beater height. Mine hits almost dead-center on a 22" and I don't want it any higher.

Oh well, great kit and setup, anyhow!

thanks!

I can't say enough good things about the 26" kick. It's the sound I always wanted, when I was kid. It does take some getting used to,especially without a port. My beater is hitting below the center of the drum. It's way too awkward when I put it dead center. That shouldn't be too much of an issue for you.

Back