Favorite metal drummer?

Jason Bowld, Matt Greiner, Chris Adler and Jason Bittner are at the top of my list!

Heck, Vinnie Colaiuta played on a Megadeth album, so can I vote for him? haha

Joking aside, I would say Bill Ward is my favorite "classic metal" drummer

As for modern metal"
1. Danny Carey-Tool
2. Blake Richardson- Between the Buried and Me
3. Mario DuPlantier- Gojira
4. Tomas Haake- Meshuggah
5. Sean Reinert- Cynic

My favorite drummers are dave lombardo, paul bostaph (listen to first five seconds of killing fields, you'll know why) darren minter (heathen not overly technical but it is respectable) Charlie Benante is another good drummer, nick menza is another good drummer too. I am sure there are better drummers in other realms of metal, but thrash and nu metal is basically what i listen to, death to me is just not that good of a genre

Blake Richardson of Between The Buried And Me without a doubt.
So underrated. It's a damn shame too, especially when people are sitting here giving props to drummers just because they can play fast. As fellow drummers, of all people you should know that speed isn't everything when it comes to drumming. EVEN metal drumming. In fact, it's hardly important I'd say. In a genre saturated with the same old crap, creativity is more recognizable than anything else I'd say. Also, don't forget what a drummer does, he helps create a groove. If there's a noticeable groove in metal, something is being done right.
Blake encompasses all this. Hell, I hardly even like metal but I see it.
Obviously this is only my subjective opinion.

There are many excellent metal drummers of course. But I think that Derek Roddy is by far the most interesting, creative and musical metal drummers out there at the moment.

This guy's pretty good

Ha! Very good, no doubt the best metal drummer i've ever seen!

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going!"

gravy1.jpg

Chris Adler
Derek Roddy
George Kollias
Tim Waterson(not really metal)
Danny Carey
Flo Mounier
Trey Williams
Gene Hoglan
mario duplantier
Vitek