How far do you take air drumming in your car?

MrPockets

Gold Member
L5x3BEp.png

Pushing limits of safety on a daily basis.

Depends on what song is on. If it's Rush then game on! Lol

How weird though are those Rush fans who take drumsticks to concerts just so they can air drum to Tom Sawyer.

Can't get my head around it at all

And yes, I do air drum in the car like a weirdo !!

:)

Headed to Ocean City Md one summer day, excited to be taken my girl to the beach for a couple days, trying to impress her with my talents, I was air drumming to Carry on my Wayward son when I got pulled over by a cop.. for air drumming...actually it was speeding.. but hey it must have worked, we have been married now for 6 years. to the girlfriend that is not the cop, he wasn't as impressed apparently : )

Have to confess I haven't progressed very far on my air drumming. Still trying to figure out how to accurately mic them . . .

Driving around town a lot, I don't often get to stretch out my bass foot as I go. My "hats" are always going, though. One thing I've been doing as well is using my left foot to do the song's bass drum part. Good practice and I can still work that pesky gas/brake!

I dare you to try that in a manual.

Challenge accepted. Since I don't own a manual geared car, perhaps you'll loan me one to see how I do? I bet I can stretch out my shifting a lot if I don't mind funny smells and loud grinding noises.

Challenge accepted. Since I don't own a manual geared car, perhaps you'll loan me one to see how I do? I bet I can stretch out my shifting a lot if I don't mind funny smells and loud grinding noises.

Aren't their cars backwards over there?

Can you get a ticket for drumming and driving? Will there soon be a "Show Me Your Air-Drumming in the Car" thread?

Two hands on the wheel. Safety for me, family, and others on the road. What goes on in my imagination is another story!

Forget air - I've worn out a steering wheel in one car. I'm taking it easy on this one until I can find a cover. I always have sticks next to me. The traffic is shocking here. At lights I often do double strokes or paradiddles. Not whilst driving though, although I can actually steer very well with my knees . . .

Have to confess I haven't progressed very far on my air drumming. Still trying to figure out how to accurately mic them . . .

You need to take the front grille off and hang a blanket over it. Pull up two feet before the stop line and place a mic on the stopline, with a second located under the radiator.

If you want a bit more reverb, pull up in a tunnel and open the doors! ;)

If there are sticks in my car, and often there are, I'll drive with my knee and chop out on the steering wheel with the sticks. Yea I'm going to die, lol.

Always have a stick- just one though for safety. Often play time on my thigh which is good excercise since there is no rebound. Easy to drop it and steer if need be too.

I always have one stick in the car and work my Jazz ride on the steering wheel to music (on cassette!!!!).
5 days a week 2 hours each day stuck in L.A. traffic..........for a year and a half.
NOW I'm switching to comping with my left hand using traditional grip also on the steering wheel while listening to Jazz.
No tickets in a year and a half.
However, I saw a professional photographer snapping a shot of me playing while at a red light.
Can't wait for THAT one to surface!!!!!
HAAA!

Aren't their cars backwards over there?

Can you get a ticket for drumming and driving? Will there soon be a "Show Me Your Air-Drumming in the Car" thread?

In NY State,..you can get a summons (moving violation and points on you license),for not having two hands on the wheel.You can also recieve a summons if the officer feels you're distracted while driving.

That's the main reason,you're not allowed to use a mobile phone,or text while driving,in NY State,even with a bluetooth..Statistcly,it's the number one cause of driving accidents...driver inattention.

Steve B

Back