[NEED HELP] Seamless or not ? red cooper shell

daniboun

Hi guys,

I picked up a special Red Cooper shell. This is a shell from Taiwan but I wonder if the shell is a seamless one ?
On the Pork Pie or Pearl or Gretsch Brass snares we distinctly see that it's seamed shell.

Any idea amigos ?

here the pictures, IN THE LAST ONE IT'S WHERE I SUSPECT THIS IS A SEAMED SHELL !

Pork Pie snare :

porkpie2.jpg

I think the seamless shell thing us a bit of a myth. Go to the AK drums website , on there you can see some examples of the myth ..

Hi guys,

I picked up a special Red Cooper shell. This is a shell from Taiwan but I wonder if the shell is a seamless one ?

I'm having trouble understanding this. You have the shell? If yes... Does it have a seam?

This is like that post that asked "What kind of cymbal is this?" and had a picture of a cymbal with the labels still on it.

I'm having trouble understanding this. You have the shell? If yes... Does it have a seam?

This is like that post that asked "What kind of cymbal is this?" and had a picture of a cymbal with the labels still on it.

I have the shell but just want to know if it is a seamless shell or not... since I do not have any info about the brand, the serie etc
I can ask differently if you want : Do you see any a seamless shell lol ?

I have the shell but just want to know if it is a seamless shell or not... since I do not have any info about the brand, the serie etc
I can ask differently if you want : Do you see any a seamless shell lol ?

Ahh. No. I do not see a seam in the copper shell pictures. Take a green colored LED light and look around the inside for a seam. If it's welded, you will see a dark/pronounced line where the seam is. It is unlikely they would go through the extra/expense effort of anodizing it to hide the seam.

That looks like a 1.5mm shell, and a welded seam is unlikely to make a difference.

Ahh. No. I do not see a seam in the copper shell pictures. Take a green colored LED light and look around the inside for a seam. If it's welded, you will see a dark/pronounced line where the seam is. It is unlikely they would go through the extra/expense effort of anodizing it to hide the seam.

That looks like a 1.5mm shell, and a welded seam is unlikely to make a difference.

Thank you for this help ! I'll do that Green stuff :)

Back