Cube Drums custom set finally arrived...

Drummer Karl

KARL MEMBER
Hello friends!

Today DHL Express finally brought my Cube custom drum kit! Some of you may have read about this earlier in another thread. Well, it took some time to arrive but now it`s finally there.

As I said earlier, it`s made from German beech wood. It was made by www.cube-drums.de ...great work by Lars who created this beauty.

The specs:

18x14" bass
12x08" tom
14x14" floor tom
14x6.5" snare drum

The drums are oiled with a high-gloss oil and finished with an amber kind of stain. It occurs to be black nickel hardware, tube lugs, 2.3mm rims, RIM floor tom system.
I`ve got two coated Ambassadors on the bass, not dampened (yet). Coated Ambassadors on the toms, clear ones as reso. Controlled sound (which is similar to an Ambassador) on my snare drum and a Remo Ambassador snare as reso.

When I opened the two packages I was simply impressed by the look. I didn`t expect such a beautiful finish, nor so beautiful hardware. I tuned the drums and noticed that it reacts on every little turn I do, the bearing edges are brilliant, flawless. I chose some 45 degree ones, quite sharp. Tomorrow I`ll play a piano trio gig with it, I`m really looking forward to that. We plan to record the gig so hopefully I`ll be able to share some stuff with you!

Again, awesome kit with an awesome sound and feel. Especially that bass drum is something else. Undampened it sounds incredibly open, I love that boooiim kind of sound.

I`ve recorded a little video with my Samsung (not the best image quality this time):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyWi8cB_VpY

And here are the photos:

SDC11704.jpg

SDC11707.jpg

SDC11708.jpg

SDC11709.jpg

SDC11710.jpg

SDC11711.jpg

SDC11712.jpg

SDC11713.jpg

SDC11715.jpg

SDC11716.jpg

SDC11718.jpg

SDC11719.jpg

SDC11720.jpg

SDC11721.jpg

SDC11723.jpg

SDC11724.jpg

Comments are welcome!

Karl

Karl, Very nice Sir. Those are gorgeous. Let me the first to ask for sound bytes then no one else will bother you.

Edit: I missed the link for the video...It's just old age. Very nice sound Karl. Now be sure to show us those in 30 years when they will be vintage.

Gorgeous Karl!!! It must be incredible to have drums built to every part of your specifications. The finish looks great, the hardware contrasts well with the stain for a very simple, yet dramatic appearance.

I especially like the Cube badge proclaiming "Personal Drums." So true in general, but even moreso in your case. The only thing better is if it read "Karl Drums." Enjoy Karl, and congrats!!!

Karl, they look absolutely amazing! The black nickel hardware looks stunning too! Well worth the wait, congratulations.

WOW!!! Just stunning!! Very cool drums. Love the finish and the hardware......

Congrats!!

How long did you have to wait from the time you placed the order?

75sling

Finally, huh? Or "Na endlich!", haha. They look absolutely gorgeous, really. Congratulations, enjoy those beauties, Karl.

dang, those are beautiful. Karl it is about time you got a set that fit your playing style. For a jazz guy like you the 18" bass was a must.

I will eagerly be waiting for some soundfiles of that work of art

Beautiful kit, Karl. Love the close up shot showing off the rain pattern in the wood grain. Pure class. You've hit the "lifetime keeper" drum kit mark with this one.

Very nice, I like the sound.
How does it feel to finally have an instrument that doesn't limit you musically ?

Were you too excited to remove the rim mount ? :p

And how do you like the cradle on the floor tom, I have the same thing and like it, but its heavier than normal brackets.

Karl, WOW absolutely stunning to say the least. The hardware and wood look amazing together and I loved the sound. CONGRATS on such a beautiful kit in all regards...truly is a keeper to say the least. That finish is NICE.

ENJOY

JIM

Beautiful kit Karl. I love the finish and the black nickel hardware!.

Looks like a great kit to play our smaller "jazzier" gigs...congratulations on your purchase and I hope they serve you well for a very long time!

Jack

...a beautifull classy looking kit

and it's a four.

We are going to have to start a show us your 18,14, 12 set up. I vote for your kit.

very very nice.

barry

Glad to see those babies finally arrived. Congratulations on such a fantastic kit. The close up on the wood grain looks pretty tasty. I can't wait to listen to your playing with the combo, should be great as always.

Wow Karl, those look nice! I think that bass drum is the smallest I have ever seen lol! Have fun!

Back