NAMM 2010 show coverage

Brundlefly

shapeimage_2.jpg

Since my studio project is on hold, I figured I would take my camera, my trusty wide angle lens and head to NAMM for some in depth photographic coverage of the show from end to end. Everything drum related, including some coverage of drum mics, mic mounting, pre-amps and monitoring systems.

Part 1 is up here, including shots from Mapex, Gretsch, ddrum, Dixon and more. The rest should be up by Saturday.

Enjoy...

Thanks for posting these pics...and yes I envy you!..lol..I have got to make it a priority to go to NAMM:)....maybe next year....

Thanks for the great pics, looking forward to the Yamaha booth :)

Thanks for the great photos...please take some from the Ludwig area :)

Absolutely. They have a great showing this year with that big orange gigantor kit. Ludwig and Tama booths will be up later this evening, among many others.

Thanks for the great pics, looking forward to the Yamaha booth :)

As am I. Heading back there now for Yamaha, Roland, Dunnett and to get some custom fitted in-ear monitors! A few companies are doing ear molds on the show floor.

Thanks for the great pictures, and the storyline. You possess great camera skills and humour. For me it was the next best thing to being there. thanks again.

Great camera (and photography skills). Those drums and cymbals look awesome, must've been so good to be there.

Parts 4 & 5 are now up...
Yahooooooooo!!!

Thanks for the Great Photos!
They are AWESOME!

Just an FYI here. I have posted a correction and update to my review of the 2 Box drum kit on my site. Apparently, it is made from aluminum and not plastic. I'm posting this here because it is unlikely that anyone who already read my review is going to go back and reread it, and it is not my intention to misinform.

HUGE THANKS for the show report!!! Having done over 100+ reports for the high-end audio consumer electronics industry, it is not easy and really loved the pics and descriptions. Bravo on a job well done! If i may add...

Get the crotales, believe me you'll love them :)

Manley Labs, great folks and awesome studio electronics

Earthworks mics... you really only need a matched pair and a room with excellent acoustics. Ok, you need more than two for live gigs.

PS: Note to self, MUST attend NAMM's next USA show.

PPS: You'll need the big gong too with the crotales, they kinda, well, belong together :)

HUGE THANKS for the show report!!! Having done over 100+ reports for the high-end audio consumer electronics industry, it is not easy and really loved the pics and descriptions. Bravo on a job well done! If i may add...

Get the crotales, believe me you'll love them :)

Manley Labs, great folks and awesome studio electronics

Earthworks mics... you really only need a matched pair and a room with excellent acoustics. Ok, you need more than two for live gigs.

PS: Note to self, MUST attend NAMM's next USA show.

PPS: You'll need the big gong too with the crotales, they kinda, well, belong together :)

Thanks for the comments!

And as if I need to be talked into those crotales. But it will probably be Manley pre's first, crotales second. A man's gotta have priorities. :)

Back