S classix vs S class pro

well first of all s classix are made of birch and s class pro are maple so there is definatly a difference in tone.

Yes I know they're different woods, but how much does that change he tone and how. What is "definitely" different? Why would you pick one above the other?

S class pro and delite are the same wood. Both are engineered to the same standards. How different are they in terms of sound?

Delite and S brass snares are not only the same material, but the same thickness as well. Specs are identical. Do they very sound different? I guess not.

Thunder, remember, there are like 3 or 4 variations of S Class from 90's to 2007 or whenever they stopped. The last generation was VERY nice. Same thickness in the toms as Classix, but the bass drum was thicker 8mm.

If I had to pick one, I would say that last gen S-Class was a better sounding series, for me at least. They just had more balls, especially the kick. It's like the S-Class has everything the Classix has and a little more meat.

The 8, 10, 12 toms, I could probably go either way.

Great, thanks!

It probably had more balls because teh shells were thicker than the current S classix, right.

Just the kick is thicker, and the maple just seems to kick in a little more with the larger toms/floor toms. Again the smaller toms, either series is awesome.

That's just my take on it. You might not be as anal as myself with regard to this and that. If you can find the last gen S-Class used, you should be able to get a good deal cause they are'nt too popular. A new Classix is ridiculous expensive, imo. I would rather get random Sonor Designer components, and just paint over the things than get a new Classix.

Back