Attractive male drummers

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
See how rediculous that sounds?

How does attractiveness affect drumming? I'm pretty sure it doesn't, from a strictly audible standpoint.

That's like implying that the way you smell affects your pole vaulting skills.

Foul smelling pole vaulters can vault just as high I'll betcha.

How about this for a thread...Unattractive female drummers. That wouldn't be a nice thread.

An unattractive male drummer thread would probably be kinda funny.

But really it's kind of a babyshit topic that has nothing to do with actual drumming.

Well, you say that, Uncle Lar, but I'm here to put you right on a couple of points.

Firstly, my teacher has represented his country at pole vault, and as far as I have ascertained, from an appropriate distance, he smells very nice.

Secondly, with one exception, all my favourite drummers, of whichever gender, are extremely attractive to me. However, I'm fairly sure that if they were equally brilliant accountants or quantity surveyors, they would be just as attractive. It's a quality thang.

But of course you're right: it doesn't and shouldn't matter.

OK Madge now you must reveal the exception. Except if it's me, then you must lie lol.

I'm sure there's a way to admire attractive female drummers in a non-objectifying way, and that's the key part. Are you disregarding other facets of their abilities that plays into their drumming/art. I don't see anything wrong with admiring another person physically....it's just people have become so offended by it these days. And that's a whole other story...

No need to lie to you, dear Unc!

Ginger Baker. I love him and love him and love him, but he's no David Floegel.

It seems the whole premise of the attractive/unattractive thing is implying that an unattractive drummer is less than. Without earning it, a certain percentage of drummers are automatically "less than".

I've been guilty of it with the age thing. Years ago I remember saying to Matt Smith (who is a master drummer) that he's so advanced (or something complimentary) for his age. It's hard to get past the obvious. If everyone were blind, people would be "judged" more honestly it seems. Meytal's winning smile would have no bearing on the audible conclusions reached by a sightless person.

Sorry Andy, I'm like no fun today.

Jim Gaffigan put it best when talking about female lead singers. " She's not that atrractive, she must be REALLY talented."

But really it's kind of a babyshit topic that has nothing to do with actual drumming.

Everything in life is about drumming Uncle Larry...

... they're attractive, don't you think?

baby%20music.jpg

baby-drumming.jpg

... this one is on the topic!!!

baby_drummer-2.jpg

But don't worry, they're drummers, they're fully equipped with the latest technology...

pampers-active-fit-4-mega.jpg

Attraction is not about how sexy a male drummer is, it's about what he plays on the drums... so you're kinda attractive Larry :)

Right, now go and buy some for yourself...

PampersKingSize.jpg

Henri strikes again! No one has the posting style you do man! Now get off my lawn, this is serious! Waaa!

Drumkat knows drumkat is attractive!!

That bronzed Aussie look

Broad outback shoulders from throwing bags of shrimp onto the barbie

The 3 day growth

I go to rehearsals on horseback (drums tied to the saddle)

I go home on a kangaroo

I used to be attractive, thankfully now I'm rich!

Watchoo got against attractive male drummers, Uncle Larry? Even if we don't look good in camisole, heels, and short-shorts.

Back