---Kit Pics

maysun

Silver Member
---Kit Pics - Unix

Been a long time since a posted pictures so heres my set.

Unix Birch Stave shells
8x12
14x14
6x13 snare

The bass drum is a 12x16 keller maple shell drum I "made" or assembled and finished.
I need to change the heads on the Unix bass drum (14x18), so I'm using this one for now.

Cymbal set up changes a lot, but today I'm using:
22" Diril (2300g) on the left,
20" Bosphorus (2052g) on the right
15" Bosphorus (971g/1143g) hihats.

HPIM0854.jpg

HPIM0860.jpg

Last edited:
that is a nice collection of cymbals to the right in the second pic

nice set, i bet it sounds great

Lookin' smooth. I think this counts a frankenkit. That bos looks ridiculously thin.

Nice! I really like the look of the bass drum, natural and black.
Hopefully your UNIX bass drum is ready soon, if so....could you upload some more pics? I seriously can`t get enough of this kit!!

Karl

Oh well I do have it, but it's heads are a pinstripe batter with coated ambassador reso and I don't really like the attack of clear heads.

Oh well I do have it, but it's heads are a pinstripe batter with coated ambassador reso and I don't really like the attack of clear heads.

Yes, I hear you. I had the same problem with my 20" Basix bass drum. I just had a clear Powerstroke 3 batter and a clear pre-muffled Remo uk resonant head.

Do you have sound clips of your current set-up? Would love to listen to some playing...

Karl

That is one really cool kit and I love the small bass drum.
It´s because of you me and my dad made a 12x16" bassdrum for me to have fun with. It was ready in the middle of december and now he is planing a floor tom to build and a tomtom of course.

It is a 12x16" like yours and the shell my dad made is from oak as the hoops he made. The hardware is of a Premier Cabria bassdrum.

Attachments

• 146769.jpg
    146769.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 339
2 MXL 2001 as overheads and a MXL 990 on the bass drum
they're not very expensive microphones but sound decent I think, well at least for what i'm usin them for

Back