Better than my dream kit!

Big Foot

Silver Member
It was suggested that I show off my new "Shed" since it's all about drumming. My lovely wife calls it my other "home" but I consider it "Gear". I did a big landscaping job this summer so my family could have a new place to hang...but I had to do the patio first before I could build my shed...

Doing all the work myself it came in at less than my dream bop kit, w/cymbals...I love my Yamahas anyway

It's 10'x20', 8" slab on grade, 2X6 stud, insulated, 2x 5/8" drywall, electrical and heating, matches my house, but built much better. It's pretty sound proof. Enough so that I can play anytime - as long as the amps are kept under control

Attachments

• IMG_1035.jpeg
    IMG_1035.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_1037.jpeg
    IMG_1037.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_1038.jpeg
    IMG_1038.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 587
It was suggested that I show off my new "Shed" since it's all about drumming. My lovely wife calls it my other "home" but I consider it "Gear". I did a big landscaping job this summer so my family could have a new place to hang...but I had to do the patio first before I could build my shed...

Doing all the work myself it came in at less than my dream bop kit, w/cymbals...I love my Yamahas anyway

It's 10'x20', 8" slab on grade, 2X6 stud, insulated, 2x 5/8" drywall, electrical and heating, matches my house, but built much better. It's pretty sound proof. Enough so that I can play anytime - as long as the amps are kept under control

I call that heaven!! I need to build me one!

Not sure how that could be soundproof with the standard looking door and window.
Yeah, it's not perfect. But It's a living space as well, it would kinda suck to be in there to long w/no windows...
It is a steel door w/double glazed window and the window is aluminum w/ a double glazed glass. They're both calked and sealed about as well as you can. I'll be adding a layer MDF to the door w/a cover for the window and the same for the window it's self.

Also, the outlets, door & window face my house w/ no penetrations towards my neighbors to minimize the sound escaping - it's tighter than a fridge.

thnx Black Page

That is cool, I wasn't knocking it, just stating the obvious. Most good drum rooms don't have windows, really it would not bother you. Have you seen Todd Suchermans room in his backyard? It is really nice and roomy, and he installed an air circulation system, something my room lacks. I would run out of oxygen in mine after a couple hours, it is only 8' 3" X 6' 5". Enough for my kit, snare collection and a sound system. Yours is big enough to do some creative stuff.

That is cool, I wasn't knocking it, just stating the obvious. Most good drum rooms don't have windows, really it would not bother you. Have you seen Todd Suchermans room in his backyard? It is really nice and roomy, and he installed an air circulation system, something my room lacks. I would run out of oxygen in mine after a couple hours, it is only 8' 3" X 6' 5". Enough for my kit, snare collection and a sound system. Yours is big enough to do some creative stuff.
Thanks, I didn't take it as a knocking... but yeah, the windows are an issue. Which is why I didn't go for and AC unit (apart from cost) it's another hole - so I installed a ceiling fan. Hope I remember to open the door to refresh the oxygen before I pass-out !
I could have made it really sound proofed but hey, it's always a question of money, eh?

Back