Jungle Snare! tunning the resonant head...

h3r3tic

Silver Member
Hey guys! It's been a while;)

Well, a few months ago after giving some thought on a second snare drum, I finaly came to a conclusion on buying the sonor 10" jungle snare.

I totally fell in love by it's sound and since I want to give a shot on playing some jungle/ drum n bass stuff it just felt like that would be the snare to play this style as my secondary snare.

But one thing has been "bothering" me since I got the snare... Since it's an extremly short heighted snare (2" height), it looks like that only side that can be tuned with the key is the batter side.

I do like the sound of that snare, I really do!
But isn't it possible to tune the resonant side?

Please give me some help on this one... thanks!!

P.S.: you guys should try this snare! it rulez!

I have one, too! it's a nice little effect snare drum! And no, it's not possible to tune the reso side without changing the tuning of the batter side. When you tune the batter side you tension the reso side at the same tension as batter!

Nope to the separate tuning of heads.

When I got my current 2n hand setup it had one of these. I kinda giggled when I saw it, but when I got around to playing with it I actually liked the thing. I still have the Amb-over-stock that the previous guy had on it but cranked tight. It really pops. The only thing I didn't care much was the fact that, sitting on a stand, the shell didn't move around enough to excite the jingles. I got online and found a mounting adapter for it, hung it off a cymbal stand and now when it's hit the jingles come more into play.

I see man! thank you so much for your help!

really appreciate it!

thank you so much!

Back