Tama Starphonic Aluminum Snare

aphrophluph

Hey rhythmists ... thought I'd share some photos of my new Tama Starphonic Aluminum snare. Got this thing with some Christmas money and let me tell you: this is the coolest sounding snare I have played.

• 14" x 6" shell of seamless metal
  • Freedom lugs/grooved hoops
  • Linear drive strainer, detachable butt
  • Super sensitive hi-carbon snappy snares

Anyone out there playing Starphonic? Would love to hear from you and see your pictures!

Attachments

• starphonic-emblem-web.jpg
    starphonic-emblem-web.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 4,156
  • starphonic-rear-web.jpg
    starphonic-rear-web.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 4,098
  • starphonic-side-web.jpg
    starphonic-side-web.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 3,701
Really nice snare. Reminds me of a supra, which I assume is what they were after with their own twist on it. Very cool man!

Great looking snare, I like that lug / hoop design. It would be nice to hear a side by side with this snare and an aluminum SLP.

I just picked one up an hour ago. I am very impressed with the design of this drum. The grooved hoops are an excellent idea and they have a great balance between diecast and triple flange hoops. they have the strength and tuning stability of diecast and the resonance of triple flange. The strainer on these snares is very simple and very smooth and has a relatively small footprint. Tama supplies Evans G1 coated heads ofr the batters and Evans 300 resonant side heads. This is a nice touch. The sound is very focused and cutting. The cross stick sound is strong and clear, more like a triple flange hoop and more resonant than a diecast hoop. The drum has that nice drier aluminum quality that makes the Ludalloy Supraphonic so popular. The shell is spun aluminum and seamless like the Supraphonic.
I am going to take it out to my Swing band gig tomorrow night.

Man, that snare looks SWEET! Enjoy!

saw my old drum teacher buy one of these about 4 months ago, played a reunion gig with him on the kit as well, played one of these bad boys and all ive got to say is mannnnnn, that is a sweet sounding snare, probably top 3 ive ever heard :).
i wish i had the money to splash out of one these, have fun with that awesome snare :p

Im looking to buy that snare too.
Can u tell ur experience now after playing on for few years?
Tnq

ahhh, just a friendly heads up....his last post looks to be Feb. 2013...

You may not get an answer.

Back