My two work environments

BillRayDrums

Gold Member
The road and gig kit:
Stone Custom Drum Co. (STONERLAND) Maple/Poplar shells (Black Oval Series)

7x10, 8x12, 12x14, 14x16, 17x20, various snares (pictured w/. 6x14 Koa)

dVVZKOA.jpg

The studio kit:

7x10 8x12 12x14 14x16 17x22 6x14 koa snare Koa/cherry shells

E2RyEIw.jpg

I just bought all new Gibraltar hardware for the gig kit, the 9700 series.

I noticed you have your slave pedal on the outside of your hat pedal. I assume its because you use the hat more, which makes sense. I've just never seen anybody do that before.

I noticed you have your slave pedal on the outside of your hat pedal. I assume its because you use the hat more, which makes sense. I've just never seen anybody do that before.

I like the hats being up closer in tight and the only way to do that was move it to the outside. I'm also primarily a single foot guy and the double pedal gives me a bit more punch when I need it.

I play that way too. Ideally I'd like my hats right in front of my snare, but never quite got around to getting an x-hat. So the compromise is getting the slave pedal on the outside of the hats.

I like the hats being up closer in tight and the only way to do that was move it to the outside. I'm also primarily a single foot guy and the double pedal gives me a bit more punch when I need it.

What's up!!!

I've done it for a couple years too. It's really not hard to do, especially with a 2-leg stand (though I did it with a 3-leg before that) and it just feels right to me. I might move it back to a typical position when I get my right-side HH stand, though, to discourage 'cheating' (using crosshand position) with my Orbin experiment ;(

Back