Stolen DW Collectors in Black Ice!! Be aware!

Well, you filed a police report when they were first stolen, right? Contact and follow up on itl

Can always try to innocently inquire about the serial numbers... Heck, if you're local, you could contact the seller and see if you could check them out.

Well, you filed a police report when they were first stolen, right? Contact and follow up on itl

Can always try to innocently inquire about the serial numbers... Heck, if you're local, you could contact the seller and see if you could check them out.

I enquired the seller for a pic of the inside of the drums with serial nrs. Lets see if he follows up on that...if they turn out right, then i'll follow up with the local police. I guess the hard part will be to get serial nrs from the seller....

I'm abroad now, so will be hard to check 'em out locally.....especially in the time of the auction.

I tried to PM you Dave, but it wouldn't go through. No, I haven't heard anything about your drums.

Dennis

I'd bet they are your drums. Too much of a "coincidence" to be one.
Most people would have a 14-18, not a 13-18, so I'd say these are your drums.

Hope something good comes of it for you.

I'd bet they are your drums. Too much of a "coincidence" to be one.
Most people would have a 14-18, not a 13-18, so I'd say these are your drums.

Hope something good comes of it for you.

Gosh, i guess the only way is to be 100% certain. Getting the serial numbers is critical, as then i can report it.
The seller just emailed me back saying he will send me pics on Thursday. Most likely he won't send me a pic of the serial nrs.....so i have no power.

I don't want to spend my time fighting this, but just spread the word that these drums have seriously bad karma....and are better off returned to me :D

I would like to think that if potentially stolen drums are being listed on Ebay, that even without the serial numbers, you should be able to have the police follow up on it, right?

I could be totally wrong, but this seems like a slam dunk for them. The get the serial numbers and either clear your mind on it or get the stolen drums back to the original owner. I'd contact the police immediately on this.

I agree with Karl, it seems like too much of a coincidence to not be your drums. Call the police. Let them serve you.

is it possible to contact ebay and tell them these are possibly your stolen drums. maybe they can look into it. they have the sellers name etc. they dont want stolen items sold on their site.

Yeah, i guess you guys are right. I'll call the Boston police and let them know about the auction.
I feel abit sorry for the ebay seller, if it turns out that these were not mine......:D

I have a Gretsch USA Custom kit with 24, 13, 14, 15, & 18.
I can't get the price I want for these because everybody wants smaller shells these days.

Those sizes on your DW Collector's kit would be desired by only a few; I totally believe the kit on eBay has got to be the same drums.

Yeah, i guess you guys are right. I'll call the Boston police and let them know about the auction.
I feel abit sorry for the ebay seller, if it turns out that these were not mine......:D

Wouldn't another option be to first contact DW and ask how many of those sets (with the
exact same specs) were manufactured around the time the eBay seller says they were
made? (If there was only one made, then you have confirmation it is your set.)

If you contact the police, I'm sure they will at least be able to tell you whether there is
anything at all they can do, based on the fact that you only think (but are quite sure that)
it is your kit... (I honestly wonder whether there is anything that they can do without any
proof. A private investigator - to find out the serial numbers - might be yet another option.)

Keep us posted!

Patrice

Yeah, i'm not hussling with this too much. I'll call the Boston police tomorrow and enquire the best course of action. If i get pics from the seller, that would solve alot!

I'll definitely keep you posted :) I wish DW drums shipped with iphones 'find-your-dw' tracking :)

I definitely think contacting Ebay is also a great idea. As it has been said, they definitely do not want stolen items being sold on their site. Ask them if they can aid you also...don't drag your feet on this. If the drums are legit, the guy can take 2 seconds and take a pic of the labels and send them to whomever.

If I was selling them, I wouldn't feel put out for doing that...I didn't steal them so why be concerned?

I definitely think contacting Ebay is also a great idea. As it has been said, they definitely do not want stolen items being sold on their site. Ask them if they can aid you also...don't drag your feet on this. If the drums are legit, the guy can take 2 seconds and take a pic of the labels and send them to whomever.

If I was selling them, I wouldn't feel put out for doing that...I didn't steal them so why be concerned?

Alright. I'll follow up with Ebay. Im thinking if Ebay queries the seller for a snapshot of the serial numbers, and if he's got the stolen ones, won't he get scared and cancel the auction? Anyway, i'll contact Ebay now.

Alright. I'll follow up with Ebay. Im thinking if Ebay queries the seller for a snapshot of the serial numbers, and if he's got the stolen ones, won't he get scared and cancel the auction? Anyway, i'll contact Ebay now.

Do please keep us posted.

I wonder whether eBay is willing to help. (Same corporation as PayPal - and they do not
have the best reputation.) They're in it for the money... and they have thousands and th-
ousands of auctions happening every day. Difficult for them to "police" the site...

You're right, btw: if the seller is in fact the thief, he will be alerted if eBay does contact
him.

Patrice

In my experience whilst ebay and paypal do not police every auction that goes on (it would be impossible) they are pretty good when things are reported to them.

Still, maybe deal with the police first before the potential theif panics and craiglists them for only a few hundred bucks if the listing is withdrawn by ebay.

I think it's strange to assume the seller is the thief - he sells drum and music equipment almost exclusively on there. So either half his stuff is knowingly dodgy merchandise or, more likely, he bought them (obliviously) from someone else (perhaps the person that stole them) and is merely trying to sell them on for profit; which is absolutely reasonable.

That's a terrible story man, I'm really sad to hear :-( And I agree with what's been said before, having a 13" tom is strange enough, if you have a hunch that it is your kit, by all means do what you think is best, but be careful, I think that if the seller is in fact the thief, he could withdraw the drums from the auctions and possibly just lie low until you give up. It's a complicated situation :-( Keep us posted, hopefully we've been of some help :)

Back