Yamaha MCAN & Pearl VSX - New user

RedeyeSPR

I'm a newbie here and figured I would post gear pics right out of the gate.

Yamaha MCAN - 10x8, 12x9, 14x12, 20x16
Weckl Signature Snare (1990)
Ludwig Acrolite Snare (late 70s)
LP Drumset Timbale 12x4
Zildjian A Custom 15/16/17 Crashes, 20 Sizzle Ride
K Custom 20 Hybrid Ride
Wuhan 8/10 Splashes
Sabian HHX 14 Stage Hats

MCA_sidecolor.jpg

MCAN_birdseye0111.jpg

MCA_toms.jpg

MCA_backleft.jpg

Awesome setup man, loving the finish on the MCAN. Those El Negro cowbells rock hey - I've got the Bella and ChaBella sizes. Beautiful tone.

What sort of music do you play? From your setup I'd guess a lot of Latin and fusion stuff.

Beautiful drums, but get those O's off the drums and let them sing.

Dennis

Awesome setup man, loving the finish on the MCAN. Those El Negro cowbells rock hey - I've got the Bella and ChaBella sizes. Beautiful tone.

What sort of music do you play? From your setup I'd guess a lot of Latin and fusion stuff.

Thanks. We play mostly folk rock and singer/songwriter stuff. I have always had bells on my kit, so I keep them even tough I could get away with just one big one. I absolutely love the Negro line. I'm not sure of the names, but I have #3 and #4. They work very well on my hand drum rig as well.

Beautiful drums, but get those O's off the drums and let them sing.

Dennis

I wish I could, but the group I play with is acoustic guitar, keys, and bass with no stage monitoring. there is no way I could get away with wide open toms and play them with any sort of velocity. I do go with Fiberskyns, which are hugely ringy to begin with, so the tone with the Os is still very nice.

Back