The ddrum Diablo Punx has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everyone here suck it up and keep the punx set. If you do a little work on the insides or the shell, maybe touch up the edges and LEARN TO TUNE(its not hard) then you can have some great sounding drums.

I started on an enforcer drum set (way worse than the punx), striped it down refinished it, redid the bearing edges, and sealed the inside and they sound great. I use my frakenstien kit and my Gretsch kit over it all the time, but that isn't the point. You can make those drums sound great if you just try.

BTW get the duct tape off your heads, that probably is one reason your drums don't sound the way you like....

Whilst the Ddrums aren't to my personal taste, they are a pretty good set of drums. You should be able to get what you want out of them and with all honesty if you sat down and actually worked on the way they sound for a while, you'll get that.

I started drumming when I was your age - 6 years ago. Even back then, the choice of kit at this range was more limited and I was playing a 'Session Pro' kit for about two years. I was still very happy to own it and I sold it on after I changed over to another kit. There's nothing wrong with the kit you have and in all honesty, you're jumping the gun before you've actually really given anything a chance.

I think all of us nosey people on drummerworld would like to know the plight of these sets.

What you could do:
Send back either the PDP or the DDrum, Drumsword will want at least one kit coming back his way ;) Then sell your export bass and toms. Use the money you gain from that to buy decent heads for whatever kit you choose to keep. If you are gonna make money videotaping the bar mitsva's, use that money for heads as well. You'll have a good kit either way, and with good heads you should be able to get a great sound out of it. Basswood or birch, it's not the same but they each have their qualities.
Oh yeah, and +1 on the tuning. It cannot be emphasized enough that you will never geta nice sound out of any drum when it's not tuned nicely.

When you get your drums sorted out, move on to getting better cymbals. Not more, more will come later. Start off by getting better ones.

And for the record, I like both the blue on silver finish and the red on black... if the choice were mine I'd go with blue on silver but that's just me.

I really want to like ddrum, but I was playing it, and it just doesn't suit me. I'm most likely going to either send it back, or pay him for it.

BTW get the duct tape off your heads, that probably is one reason your drums don't sound the way you like....

I tried, but they came like that, and when I tried peeling it off, part of the head came off.

I think's I am going to strip the ddrums, stain them dark walnut and powdercoat the hardware Black. (if they are shipped back to me that is).

Otherwise the $400 (resale cost of my drums plus my shipping) will either go towards a decent used set or a new Brady side snare.

I really want to like ddrum, but I was playing it, and it just doesn't suit me. I'm most likely going to either send it back, or pay him for it.

What doesn't suit you? I'm just curious. Is it the set-up, the color? If it's the sound, a lot of that probably comes from you not knowing how to tune and having bad heads on there. Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back