YAY my new DWs here :D

this is my favorite setup, just hats and a big crash, its amazing the groove you can find with so litttle to work with...

and nice kit, thats a juicy red glitter, that there is...

That's Questlove's setup... Great way to play..

Awesome kit! I like the color a lot. Good choice of cymbals too ;)

cheers guys, its actually tangerine glass not red (A).

did have fun with that set up but then went for a bigger kit than normal boosting creativity by going to 2 extremes, might put my other splash back on soon

What's your main snare?

Lets have a pic!!

Last edited:
its a remo 50th ann. only got an old pic but it will do

not great wish i had something a little more impressive you know :p

Attachments

• P1000279 cropped.jpg
    P1000279 cropped.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 690
Those Remo snares sound really good. I always liked them. The throws are pretty iffy on them but the shells are cool. Too bad Remo had to go ultra cheap-o on the hardware.
I think those drums would have been a lot more popular if the hardware was a lot better.
But at least it sounds pretty cool.

Great kit, I like the 0 up 0 down set up too.
Very fun.

Hope you get many great years out of them!
Of course they sound good, they're RED!

Those Remo snares sound really good. I always liked them. The throws are pretty iffy on them but the shells are cool. Too bad Remo had to go ultra cheap-o on the hardware.
I think those drums would have been a lot more popular if the hardware was a lot better.
But at least it sounds pretty cool.

Great kit, I like the 0 up 0 down set up too.
Very fun.

Hope you get many great years out of them!
Of course they sound good, they're RED!

they are pretty funky, have had to play with the throw alot to get it to hold still slips a bit :mad:.

hardware definatly the worst part, tension rods keep slipping from rim shots :(. would have looked a lot better with tube lugs (A)

its been a month time for some new pics of a new set up.

picture.php

picture.php

another pic from a different angle, went back to having the side snare. finish looking decidedly more orange.

picture.php

Is your AA Raw Bell Dry Ride a brilliant finish?

I just got an AARBDR as my new (used) ride to replace a Pro Sonix I loathed and the bell of mine seems way darker than your photos. I'm really happy with it.

BTW, your set is enviable, to say the least.

-Tom

i think so always been disapointed with how light the bell looks when ive seen much darker ones, that was part of the appeal :p

im happy with it of course but i do want another crashable ride so i canswap them in and out.

I hear ya. I was close to getting an HHX Groove Ride but got a really good deal on the RBDR. Its perfect for rock stuff I play.

I think I'm going to start looking into some smaller hand made companies to build my "quiet time" cymbal set. I also still want a Groove Ride.

-Tom

i do like the RBDR but its a bit limited but has an amzing bell. something more versitile would be nice

felt like having 2 rides after seeing a kit on another forum, sorta solves the versitility argument

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back