Gig dates for members

I am playing in New Malden on the 2nd of May...Cant find a place to post the gig details- NOT even sure its allowed- any mods out there wanna fill me in on this. I wont put up any more details till I have permission as I dont want to upset anyone!?

i don't see why this would be a problem, hell you've been a member for almost 3 years now lol. where exactly is new malden?

OK as no mods have chipped in and ripped my post down I will chance it! They can remove it if they wish....I paused and waited for advice since my first post on the subject.

The gig is a soul, r n b type thing- and its at the Royal Oak Pub, Coombe Road, New Malden on the 2nd May, start 8 pm- Tickets available at the door for only Five pounds if you mention this website and my site name- SPIRIT.

Tickets at this time are limited- so please dont say your coming unless you really are, I have to reserve them, PM me to let me know.

The band I am playing with features four female vocals and other numbers by the axe player with a fine soul voice. You can expect some decent music on the night and I look forward to meeting some of you and talking drums stuff on the breaks between a few pints!

Maybe we should have a small section for members to post gig info up, after all we have to support each other- maybe one day we will all be replaced by drum machines or midi files....AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

My take on this is that I would really like to not see DW become filled with advertisements for gigs. There are just too many working drummers on here, with very full schedules, and I could see it getting really out of hand. Don't forget, there are a lot of people on here who play 100 or more shows a year.

I would agree with mrchattr.

Also: There's so many drummers from different parts of the world on here. I can post my shows in Melbourne, but the 3 or 4 Melbourne guys I know on here probably won't come down, it's not their cup of tea. Or I could just PM them to let them know.

There's not too much point in posting my Melbourne shows for a population made up of people from the States, Canada, UK, Brazil, Portugal, Malaysia, China etc.

My $0.02.

Yeah I spose so- just thought it was a chance to connect more then anything else really!
Oh well- I still think its a good idea maybe we could have a gig thread anyway- my guess is there are a few drummers from the UK here, I am not sure how many but every drumer I know and thats a few is aware of his site and has looked in or is a member.

I would agree with mrchattr.

Also: There's so many drummers from different parts of the world on here. I can post my shows in Melbourne, but the 3 or 4 Melbourne guys I know on here probably won't come down, it's not their cup of tea. Or I could just PM them to let them know.

There's not too much point in posting my Melbourne shows for a population made up of people from the States, Canada, UK, Brazil, Portugal, Malaysia, China etc.

My $0.02.

i agree with this to an extent. but also feel that it can't hurt to have a section for drummers to place thier gigs just in case they are playing close enough to me to go. like i just realized there are a few people on here from syracuse, which is an hour away from where i live in the states. if they were to post thier dates, i'd be there in a heartbeat.

YES THERE IS A PLACE HERE: The Calendar....

your all invited to fill it.....isn't as much used as it was two years ago.

Best is: the gigs appear then also on the Forum Frontpage.

One thing: Start with the place, then name.....

Back