Show us your Mapex kits!

These are my 2002 Mapex Pro M's in Blue Ice as they called it. Photographed right after I got them. It's my main one and only kit. Still play and look great, but I take great care of them.
22' Kick
12' 13' toms 16' Floor
14x5.5 matching snare came with the kit but my main snare is a 14x5.5 Brass Pearl Sensitone.

Attachments

• mapexdrums.jpg
    mapexdrums.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 3,520
here are a couple of my Mapex's Sorry for the bad photos.. I should probably take some real pictures of them someday

Attachments

• IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    285.1 KB · Views: 3,450
  • IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    363.5 KB · Views: 3,468
my PRO M kit:

kitone1.jpg

Mapex Obsidians with 6.5" DW brass snare.

Attachments

• 20121226_104029.jpg
    20121226_104029.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 3,700
  • 20121227_110229.jpg
    20121227_110229.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 3,562
  • 20121227_110239.jpg
    20121227_110239.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 3,382
Im sorry for bringing up a old thread but I just got my Mapex Meridian Maple in Supernova fade, Along with a Black Panther "Blaster" Snare and Sabian AAX's. All setup and ready to record. Stock heads for now but will change soon.

1zfk8kx.jpg

kd3kfd.jpg

wr86a.jpg

Hi there. New to the site so I thought I'd start by showing you my kits.
VXB in Transparent Black 12,13,16,22 with my BP Panther snare:

vxb1.jpg

vxb17.jpg

vxb8.jpg

M Birch in Black Forest Sapphire 10,12,13,16,22 teamed with my BP Maple/Cherry 12x7 snare:

dscf0513t.jpg

dscf0508o.jpg

20130210133725.jpg

I picked up a second kick for my Saturns a few weeks back. Kind of an impulse buy, saw it on Ebay and couldn't keep myself from bidding on it. I used to own a double bass M Birch a few years back, guess I really missed that second kick.

Pics to follow once I get the setup fine tuned.

Hey guys, recently joined this forum. So forgive me if my response layout is a little wacky.

Recently been switching around some kits. Been rotating out a 1976 Slingerland kit (24,14,16) to a recently sold Blue Ludwig Vistalite 76' (24,13,16). I really was not impressed with the Vistalites, terrible bearing edges, over all quality was not impressive, however. Best sounding bass drum. I sold that kit for a low price, but bought an almighty Mapex Saturn Kit. The kit I found on Kijiji (Canadian version of craigslist) was interesting. Its a funky blue sparkle color, textured finish. Both the finish and the texture I am not huge fans of. But because of the low low price on the kit, for what I was getting, and the massive sizes, I was drawn into it.

My fascination with Mapex started when I bought a Mapex Black Panther Phat Bob snare. The perfection on the craftsmanship with that drum sparked my interest within the company. Then I purchased the Falcon Pedal. Another juggernaut. So with those two solid purchases in mind, I made the 2 hour journey for the mysterious Saturn kit.

As soon as I saw the kit I was sold. The guy I bought it off of was the second owner, could have fooled me. No scratches, nothing. 800 dollars later - the kit was mine. An unheard of price for a Saturn kit.

Now if anyone has any information on this kit, or knows anyone with the other finish let me know. Id be highly interested in a trade for the rootbeer finish. After contacting a rep at Mapex, I found out - The kit was only made in Europe, not retailed in North America, and is 1 out of 100....

That being said, I think I have found a kit Im going to be sticking with for a while.

If anyone has any other informaiton, or experiences with these kits let me know. I love it.

Mapex Saturn "Sub-Sonic" 24x20,14,16,18. Maple/Walnut Shells

Attachments

• MAPEXSATURN1.jpg
    MAPEXSATURN1.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 2,844
  • MAPEXSATURN2.jpg
    MAPEXSATURN2.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 2,863
  • MAPEXSATURN3.jpg
    MAPEXSATURN3.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 2,849
Guys, I recently acquired this Will Calhoun signature set with 20" and 18" bass drums. All shells are signed on the inside :)

20130825_211705.jpg

20130825_212018.jpg

20130825_212802.jpg

20130825_161812.jpg

New to this forum, but been drumming for 30+ years now (wow!). Own a Tama Starclassic, and a set of Ludwig psych reds, but I can't stop playing this Mapex M Birch that I picked up recently. It's of course used, but looks brand new and sounds fantastic. The finish is stunning (to me) and maybe just because it's new to me, it is my go to set. I absolutely love the sound, and was very pleasantly surprised to like the 14" suspended floor tom. Thunderous! Anyway, look forward to posting more in the future, but here's a couple pics for now. Kind of crummy, but I'll get some new shots out shortly. Peace!

Jeff

Attachments

• M Birch 1.jpg
    M Birch 1.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 2,827
  • M Birch 2.jpg
    M Birch 2.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 2,854
I picked up this M Series all maple kit last year. They are the 2004 M Series before they started using Birch. The color is solid black.

9 ply maple
deep toms
glued on Mapex badge
Solid lacquer finish

The 10" is not Mapex. Watching EB, CL etc for a matching 10" maple M Sereis. I would be happy getting that drum even if I have to get it painted piano black. I could go with the M series Birch or the M Pro maples but holding out for the M series maple. Not many around though.

Attachments

• my maple mapex 9 ply.jpg
    my maple mapex 9 ply.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 2,835
I still have these but they may go on the block in the not too distant future. Nothing wrong with them other than after 7 years I think I want a new tone and vibe.

mbirch3.jpg

New to this forum, but been drumming for 30+ years now (wow!). Own a Tama Starclassic, and a set of Ludwig psych reds, but I can't stop playing this Mapex M Birch that I picked up recently. It's of course used, but looks brand new and sounds fantastic. The finish is stunning (to me) and maybe just because it's new to me, it is my go to set. I absolutely love the sound, and was very pleasantly surprised to like the 14" suspended floor tom. Thunderous! Anyway, look forward to posting more in the future, but here's a couple pics for now. Kind of crummy, but I'll get some new shots out shortly. Peace!

Jeff

Looks like the kit I saw on ebay that was sold as individual drums...

Looks like the kit I saw on ebay that was sold as individual drums...

I think I saw that kit. I bought mine locally in the beginning of October and almost immediately saw the same type kit on ebay, parted out. I contemplated (briefly) grabbing the 16" floor tom but restrained myself!

A while ago I posted my Mapex 2004 M Series (Maple) kit. After a lot of research I found them to be a combination of shells, hardware, and paint (solid) that was hard to find. I had an off brand 10" tom that I recently replaced with a Mapex M (birch) 10". It has the same hardware but birch shell and transparent paint. So I went about painting it after a ton of research on here and some good advice from members on here and another forum that has a lot of Mapex users. So here are the results.

Attachments

• 10 b4 paint small.jpg
    10 b4 paint small.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 2,797
  • 10 painted small.jpg
    10 painted small.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 2,934
  • kit w new 10 small.jpg
    kit w new 10 small.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 2,771
A pic or two of my beautiful Mapex Saturns before I sold them.

Attachments

• mapex4.jpg
    mapex4.jpg
    784.4 KB · Views: 3,290
  • mapex1.jpg
    mapex1.jpg
    910.6 KB · Views: 4,759
  • mapex3.jpg
    mapex3.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 2,706
Some lovely looking kits popping up in here - that red sparkle saturn finish is outstanding!

To everyone apologising for ressurecting an old thread don't fear - it's better that this one continues to be used rather than a new one being made all the time.

On a side note I've added a 16" FT and a Black Panther Blaster to my set since last I posted:

Back