Dave Lombardo

CadaveR (Ivo) said:
he was also great in SLAYER for songs like SEASONS IN THE ABYSS, SILENT SCREAM, MANDATORY SUICIDE, WAR ENSEMBLE
Can't forget Reign in Blood. That's some mad double bass speed after the thunder in the intro.

I just watched the videos. Dave is truly a great drummer. Its interesting to see where his roots lie, and how he became the drummer he is today. I am really eager to hear Slayer's new album.

- Marc

Re: Dave Lombardo - Clinic @ Feedback (Full Video) *Part 6 ReUploaded*

Dyaxe said:
hey guy's (sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

i recently downloaded this from off of a torrent website, which took me day's to download. Basically it's a video of a clinic Dave Lombardo (fantomas, slayer, testament, grip inc.) did sometime during 2004. I uploaded it at rapidshare. Because of it's file size being over 400MB, i had to break it up into 8 parts, each being around 8 minutes each. It's really fun to watch him play drums. As some of you might know, he never went to school for drums, so he doesn't know how to read music and explain things musically. anywaise, enough with the yapping, here it is:

Part1
Part2
Part3
Part4
Part5
Part6
Part7
Part8

(just to let you guy's know, the camera is far away in the begining, but dont worry, it zooms in after awhile)

credit goes out to Blowen_b from the derek roddy forum (the person who filmed this)

Cheers!

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Dave_Lombardo.html

I would like to download file number 6,7, and 8... but it seems that at least number 6 is deleted! Is there anyone that could help me get the file?

7 and 8 worked fine for me, but it seems 6 will never work. To Dyaxe, I'd recommend putting these videos on youtube.com. They have free hosting, however, occasionally, the audio will not match up with the video.

- Marc

Is anyone going to see Slayer, Lamb of God, Mastadon, and Children of Bodom?

I cannot wait. Plus Slayer's new album will be out soon!

Slayer is comming in september to sarajevo planning to go to see them,altough its not my type of music,no way im gonna miss that great drumming.He always impress me when i get a chance to listen him

MOONCHILD said:
Slayer is comming in september to sarajevo planning to go to see them,altough its not my type of music,no way im gonna miss that great drumming.He always impress me when i get a chance to listen him
Plus you will get to hear Chris Adler. He is incredible as well.

Check out the new Slayer song "Cult". www.slayer.net

Best Slayer song since the Reign in Blood album.

Dave is the master of speed metal. In my opinion, no one has a better all around style for this music.

Slayer is so much better with him!!!

Mike

Dude Dave Is an animal he will never get tired he could play as hard and as fast as he could for two days straight without stopping and not get tired. He's Unbelieveable!!! What do you think????

dave was my first big influence. i was once a HUGE slayer fan, just for lombardo though. i eventually fell out of the music, but i still love the vivaldi tribute album: "vivaldi: the meeting."

Dave Lombardo (Testament or Slayer)

I´de love to know your opinions about this thread :)
Where do you think that Dave plays better?
Slayer or Testament?

I go for Testament

Re: Dave Lombardo (Testament or Slayer)

h3r3tic said:
I´de love to know your opinions about this thread :)
Where do you think that Dave plays better?
Slayer or Testament?

I go for Testament

Dave was with Testament for only one album ( The Gathering, which was great), but he made quite an impression. My vote is for Slayer. The new album is said to be a mix between Seasons in the Abyss and God Hates us All. I have high hopes, and his work on "Cult", "Jihad", and "Eyes of the Insane" was nothing less than what I would expect from him.

- Marc

Can someone please upload parts 6 & 8 of Dave's clinic? Surely someone must off got it all down? Or even the whole clinic on YouTube would be a great idea.

Thanks.

Saw Dave at a PASIC clinic a couple years ago, kinda sad, only about 50 people for the clinic.Awesome player, got his auto! Dave will be the featured/cover interview next month in Modern Drummer.

Re: Dave Lombardo (Testament or Slayer)

tambian89 said:
Dave was with Testament for only one album ( The Gathering, which was great), but he made quite an impression. My vote is for Slayer. The new album is said to be a mix between Seasons in the Abyss and God Hates us All. I have high hopes, and his work on "Cult", "Jihad", and "Eyes of the Insane" was nothing less than what I would expect from him.

- Marc

I have Cult, but haven't heard Jihad or Eyes of the Insane. Where can I find them?

Thanks

Lol, I saw slayer with the unholly alliance tour July 3rd, and to be honest, on that kind of proffesional level. I've never seen a band so untight. Solo's we're pretty much just anywhere, and some, er,...most... fills we're completely out of place. At one point near the end of a song where they decided to do a "big noise and crazy stuff sequence" it sounded like pretty much like a bunch of nobody's wailing at their instruments to make noise all at once. It was down to the point where me and my brother would just stare at eachother and start laughing everytime things we're completely out of place, and when the show was over, my stomach was cramped.

I don't know if these guys we're having a bad day or something ( a really really bad day ), but I completely lost any appreciation I had or might have had for this band. And I was even more dissapointed with Lombardo, I thought with all the hype this guy had been getting, he would have been alot more impressive.

I'm probably going to be hated in this thread, but i'm only saying my oppinion.

p.s For those of who you haven't seen the show yet, and are going, and aren't used to slayer, don't worry, Mastodon, Lamb of god, and children kicked ass ( I don't even like children and it was damn good live ).

ad9898 said:
I'm one of dave's biggest fans however he did go through a rough patch in the early 90's, dont care what anyone says on the seasons in the abyss tour he was definately below par (couldn't nail angel of death), and i was hugely dissapointed with his performance on decade of aggression (except chemical warfare which was excellent), in fact dave has said himself recently that he was very dissapointed with his playing on that record. i also believe that according to jeff hanneman dave's double bass on the album version of war assemble was doubled up because dave couldnt pull it off.

Dave admitted to this on the video provided in the 1st entry of this thread. He mentioned that he was having trouble with his double bass during the Seasons in the Abyss tour. This was because Dave was sitting too high. Once he lowered his throne, he was able to regain some control. Here's a recent performance of "War Ensemble":

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DAB-kGDJkqg&search=War Ensemble

- Marc

Back