John Dolmayan

• Thread starter System_Of_A_Slipknot
  • Start date
Re: Jon Dolmayan

i love john dolmayan, he is a gfreat drummer (D.B.F. stands for dolmayans biggest fan)
and i wanted to ask why drummerworld offers no solo from him!

i don't know what i can add that everyone else hasn't said. Jon D is definately one of my favorite drummers. he also influenced my drumming at a really important time in my development as a drummer.

i can add something about the guitarist's voice. i completely disagree when people say that he can't sing. it's definately not as easy as they make it seem to harmonize together (Serj and Daron) and they do it very well. i have friends that are talented singers who heard the album playing and commented on how well they harmonized together. obviously when Daron does the yelling/screaming thing it's not going to sound very good vocally, but, besides that, what he does vocally is not easy. try and sing along, not with Serj singing the melody, but with Daron singing the harmony...

I think John is an amazing drummer, even on songs that aren't too fast and complex like Hypnotize, I found it hard to tell what he was doing! Love his work on toxicity!

drumfury said:
its a great style hard to copy but all people have there own styles and no one can copy them perfectly because they are not them
.....what?
20 charathfdhsf

I like John Dolmayan, but I do not like System of a Down. His drumming is, however very interesting. Toxicity had some cool parts throughout (although I did not like the album), and from what I have heard of him recently, he is good at double bassing. I also like his tuning, as it is not all "clicky" and triggered.

- Marc

i like everything except his bass...its hard to hear and almose non-existant

cdawg_2010 said:
except in the prechourus in B.Y.O.B. with the "marching forward, hypocritic......" part with the 16th note triplets i think

Yes that part is great. I once sang it with 7of my friends in a pub at maximum volume. I swear u get to see really weird faces of the people around u.

cdawg_2010 said:
except in the prechourus in B.Y.O.B. with the "marching forward, hypocritic......" part with the 16th note triplets i think
I know!!! It adds this whole different feel to that part of the song.

John is very good, on the "Toxicity" album he does a great job, after what I've heard he should be much better on the two new albums, Mezmerize and Hypnotize, but I haven't heard them yet, but he's a awesome drummer, for sure!

Mikkel said:
John is very good, on the "Toxicity" album he does a great job, after what I've heard he should be much better on the two new albums, Mezmerize and Hypnotize, but I haven't heard them yet, but he's a awesome drummer, for sure!
those three albums showed me than he is always on top of the drumming. his speed is very impressive, as is his stamina. and i think he's struck a good balance between complimenting the song and displaying his talent.

john dolmayan is fortunate enough to be the drummer in one of the tightest and together bands of out era. his playing on X is amazing!

I like cause he dosent take things over the top but he still keeps a solid unique drum thing going and i totally agree with you the new malekin stuff sucks and soil rulz.

i personaly got into drumming from listening to jorison and dolmayon, the sheer changes in speed from dolmayan shows real talent, and his uniuqe style is jst insane, on a side note, i would like to say that, although he isent the best out there, what he plays sounds good, and after seeing him live he nevver missed a beat, on yet anouther siden ote, i personalyl ike the contrast between daron and serj, although serj isd the much better vocals, daron dus sound apsolutly horid live.

i think he is a lot better than joey jordison and is one of the best metal drummers in the world. he has very good speed and endurance.

Back