Starclassic Maple Kit - Outside Pics

lo0n

I've always enjoyed looking at other people's kits when they take them outside and take pictures. It was a little on the cold side here in Edmond, Oklahoma yesterday (mid 30's) but I was all like trying to convince my boys "it really won't take all that long if we just do it" and I have wanted to do this for a long time so my Boys and I hauled everything outside (they did their fair share of complaining about how cold it was), set them up in the driveway and started taking pictures. I don't have the best camera for this sort of thing however the pictures turned out fairly well. I hope you all enjoy the pictures as much as I do.

Specs:

Drums: Tama Starclassic Maple (GRP) Gradation Raspberry

18 x 22 Bass Drum
6.5 x 14 Snare Drum (1982 Imperialstar - Steel)
6 x 10 Snare Drum (Pork Pie - Maple)
8 x 8 Tom
8 x 10 Tom
9 x 12 Tom (Not Pictured w/This Setup)
12 x 14 Tom (Mounted as Floor Tom)
14 x 16 Tom (Mounted as Floor Tom)

Heads:

Remo PinStripes on Batter (all Toms)
Evans G1 Resonant (all Toms)
Evans EQ 3 Bass Drum
Aquarian Super 2 on Snare Batter
Remo Ambassador Snare Side

Hardware:

Gibraltar Rack
DW & Sound Percussion Boom Arms
Iron Cobra Double Bass Pedal
Iron Cobra Hi-Hat Stand
Roc-n-Soc Throne

Cymbals: Zildjian w/exception of 1 Wuhan China (from left to right)

14" A Custom Mastersound Hi-Hats
20" Wuhan China (Older Model not sure of the year)
6" A Splash
16" A Custom Crash
8" A Custom Splash
10" A Custom Splash
18" A Custom Crash
20" A Custom Medium Ride
12" Z Custom Splash
6.5"Zil-Bel (Inverted on top of 12" Splash)
12" A Custom Mastersound Hi-Hats
19" K Custom Hybrid China
18" Armand Medium Thin Crash
15" Azuka Latin Multi Crash (Hand and Stick)
(Most Logos Polished off)

Misc:

LP Rock Ridge Rider CowBell
LP Jam Block (Red)
LP Cyclops Tambourine (Not Pictured)
Vater Sticks

If you want to see the rest of the pictures not posted here feel free to visit the following link: http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/lo0nacy

Pics:

IMG_8131.jpg

IMG_8133.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

IMG_8135.jpg

IMG_8136.jpg

IMG_8140.jpg

IMG_8162.jpg

IMG_8144.jpg

IMG_8176.jpg

IMG_8201.jpg

IMG_8202.jpg

IMG_8156.jpg

IMG_8159-1.jpg

IMG_8174-1.jpg

the 12" Tom not pictured with the kit:
IMG_8126.jpg

the Cymbals still in the House (all clean and shiny):
IMG_8207.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, great looking kit and set up, love the finish on the kit and the cymbals are great as well. Tell your boys thanks for helping you show us what you have!

Enjoy your beautfiful set up!

Jack

Went to photobucket to view the lot. Very nice. That finish is so close to mine I have to love it. Nice group of snares also. Your dog looks like he is lonely with the drums outside.

Cool kit! Nice pics too.

Is "Raspberry fade" as good as"Gradation Raspberry?"... ;)

Amazing kit! I would kill for your kit lol, must have cot a VERY pretty penny :)

Wow...beautiful. How many people slowed down or stopped in front of your house ?

Very nice time line of your assembly of your kit. I only wish you could have shot some video/audio of the beautiful kit while it was outside. I love to hear a nice kit played outdoors.

Wow...beautiful. How many people slowed down or stopped in front of your house ?

Thanks for the nice comment...I had one person stop and ask me if they for sale...I told him NO and what I was doing taking outdoor pics and all...he said "well that sure is a nifty kit" and away he went. I had a few head turners slowing down for a look but all in all people acted like it was no big deal.

Very nice time line of your assembly of your kit. I only wish you could have shot some video/audio of the beautiful kit while it was outside. I love to hear a nice kit played outdoors.

Thanks for the nice comment...I would had loved to do that, unfortunately I don't have a working video camera right now (my genius brother broke it). I didn't actually play them while they were setup out there, however my son did and loved it he said "man dad they sound awesome out here" (seeing him light up like that out there made it all worth while)

Thanks to all the people who made comments. I'm glad you all seem to be enjoying the pictures. =)

That is an awesome kit. Hope you checked the weather report before you lugged it all outside. =P

thats an incredible kit - beautiful shells, great setup, cymbals, everything!

That is one crazy-awesome kit! It looks super fun to play, and really comfortable. Plus, that hardware rig is really something...

I LOVE outdoor pics too! The day I get my Mapex Meridian, I'm gonna take it outside and take some pics of it in the woods on a sunny day of course. Natural light in a picture can make even the crappiest beginner kit look decent.

I love your kit as well. Very clean and professional.

Back