Enjoy !

ty,
thats why i want to be a drummer :)

Superb. Some big names there speaking well of Mr Starr. Deservedly so IMHO.

Growing up in Liverpool when the Beatles where at their height, I wasn't even remotely influenced by Ringo - probably the first of many poor choices that have defined my lack of drumming career.

...And then you have to read some of the nonsense that some metal-hardcore-country-hipster-failed-trash-dickhead-noisemaker wanna-be-drummers write on Facebook about Ringo. He's THE MAN, period. Suck it up, he's a legend. ¡Hey, he's a Beatle!

PS: My avatar says it all...

ear-to-ear smile the whole time. Thanks so much for sharing. Ringo rules!

+1 Thanks Tony! After reading much of Ringo Starr...Good or Bad, I'd like to post this video over there. The guys on this video cut through the BS and said all that needs to be said.

Are you sure it wasn't just all Bernard Purdie? ;-)

Thanks for sharing Tony. I love the big goofy grin that Abe has when he's playing the ride. That'd be a drummer's dream, playing Ringo's actual kit.

Ringo was a very cool and enduring drummer who continued to play with so many great musicians and he put on some really over the top bombastic all-star events. Definitely, he was the coolest.

The thing is, by the early 80s I couldn't wait until I never had to change the radio station because the Beatles became so tedious I felt like Beatles fans were more akin to EST disciples and needed to shut up for just a little bit.

Thanks for sharing Tony. I love the big goofy grin that Abe has when he's playing the ride. That'd be a drummer's dream, playing Ringo's actual kit.

I liked Max doing "Ticket To Ride". Awesome sound.

That video needed to be about 4 hours longer.

Thank you for this, great end to the day :) Ringo has always been my favorite Beatle and i still love him to this day.. live he still has fun and seems to love it.. can't beat that after 50 years...

Thanks for posting that, Whois.

Three toms...I've always* said, if it's enough for Magenta, it's enough for Ringo.

* But never before now.

Its a no brainer realy. You may not enjoy his drumming, because of the style of music you prefer, but to knock the guy or say he was not a good drummer is just trolling.

He is the most famous drummer on the planet, not cos he was popular in the 60s but because his drumming has endured. The guys back then were making up what we now take for granted. Anyone can copy, it takes a real musician to innovate. If you go to colege or a drum teacher to learn to play they are pretty much teaching you what Ringo and the drummers back in the 60s and 70s started or what the Jazz greats from back in the day began.

Its the young drummers job to pick up the batton from the older guys and take drumming a bit further. Thats the way its always been, but dont knock the drummers from the past simply cos you can copy there chops and play them a bit faster.

I have to wonder how many of his parts Ringo actually came up with on his own. Like I wonder how much input the other guys had on Rings drum part.

I know that sounds like a knock, it's not.

It is a legitimate question though.

We always assume he invented all his parts. And he probably did. But I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they were birthing "Rain" for instance. Or "Come Together". Just to see how much input the other guys, or even George Martin, had, in wrangling together his drum parts. Just call me Mr. Q. Reeus.

Back