What's your latest purchase?

'58 cob super 400...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this 6 x 14 Padauk and Jatoba stave snare drum in transit. Not sure who the manufacturer is. The price was too good to pass up, so I took a chance on it. I really love my 6x14 Walnut stave from Salem Street drums, and wanted another stave shell snare.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 383
I also received this really nice 20" Paiste Signature Rough ride. This is a really eclectic sounding ride, lower pitched than your typical Signature ride, some trash and a clear stick sound. The bell is really cutting. It is crashable as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 716
$150 bucks
Sabian Prototype high hats
Craigslist strikes again.

Attachments

• prot.jpg
    prot.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 713
$150 bucks
Sabian Prototype high hats
Craigslist strikes again.

They look like my Legacy hats, I bet they sound similar.

I played a crash of doom for the 2nd time the other night and decided that I was going to get one. I ordered one today.

The local was selling rocnsoc's really cheap, so I went and got one for live use. It's a spindle type, so now I own the spindle one and the gas lift. I think the spindle feels better, should have gotten that one first time around (how was I to know?).

Also some Gavin Harrison tuning keys and a gibraltar "click" bass drum patch which they were clearing.

18939.jpg

Attachments

• rocnsoc.JPG
    rocnsoc.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 692
They look like my Legacy hats, I bet they sound similar.

Looks like Sabian tends to do a marketing thing by changing names and models frequently.

They look like and feel like a Manhattan HHX too.

upgraded my snare. Remo controlled sound(batter), remo ambassador(resonant) and puresound 20 strand wires. Very pleased with all 3!

i didnt have a stick bag.
8$ free delivery
hold all the sh-t i dont know how to use yet lol:)
cant really play to well yet ,
but that a respectible full stick bag for a newbie
-----------------
4 dif pair of vic firth 5a, 3 dif set 5 B some nylon tip , xtra cluth, gorilla snot, xtra drum beater. set nylon brushes , wire brushes, soft mallet and rubber tip 5b sticks
emergency stuff
( felts , washers, etc.. )
?????????????? what didnt i get in there??????????????/ lmao
IM READY TO ROCK!!! :)

My latest purchase this past weekend

Found a K Custom Session 18" Crash for $120 used - cymbal was barely touched. Fantastic find.

But the day before I was lucky to find someone had these gems for sale. I couldn't pass up the deal:

Yamaha Recording Custom - Piano Black
7.5x10
8x12
14x14
16x16
16x20 (not pictured)

gig pics to come...there's nothing like Yammie goodness. No, greatness.

Attachments

• Yamaha1.jpeg
    Yamaha1.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 643
My recents-

22" Sabian Artisan Medium ride
19" and 17" HHX Xplosion crashes
19" AAX Explosion Fast crash
15" HHX groove hats

Next up: 13" Artisan hats
17" and 19" Artisan crashes

(Can you tell I'm loving the Artisan stuff?)

My latest purchase this past weekend

Yamaha Recording Custom - Piano Black
7.5x10
8x12
14x14
16x16
16x20 (not pictured)

gig pics to come...there's nothing like Yammie goodness. No, greatness.

Good snag on the Recording Customs. I'm a big Yamaha fan. I've never liked the color black on a set, but I make exception for Recording Customs. Somehow that great Yamaha chrome just really pops on a black lacquer shell. I'm envious.

GeeDeeEmm

My recents-

22" Sabian Artisan Medium ride
19" and 17" HHX Xplosion crashes
19" AAX Explosion Fast crash
15" HHX groove hats

Next up: 13" Artisan hats
17" and 19" Artisan crashes

(Can you tell I'm loving the Artisan stuff?)
Aw yeah, that's the stuff! Sabian's Artisans are my favourite line they make.

I just picked up a 14" set of Meinl Byzance Extra Dry Medium hats today, and my god, they are absolutely superb.

I picked up this used 16" A the other day. It reminds me of a 16 Med thin that I had for more than 20 yr. I think that's why I bought it. It doesn't sound fantastic or anything, but it's so familiar because that sound was on my kit for so long. I've also made a deal on getting back a 1988 Yam. tour custom 6 1/2 X 14 snare, that I got new with the kit, but sold it a few yr. later. I tracked it down, and the owner is willing to trade it for my OCDP ash 6 1\2 X 14. He said he wouldn't sell it, but he would trade for another snare. I'll post pics when it happens.

b19dd9c0-4980-4f43-8640-70c664e8c668_zpsozk5s89g.jpg

Man I'm buying lots of stuff. I'm selling unused stuff too so I don't feel too guilty.

Mapex Nomad 13x6 brass snare

14 x 6.5 protection racket case

10 x 8 protection racket case (not pictured)

Attachments

• nomad (1).JPG
    nomad (1).JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 559
  • nomad (2).JPG
    nomad (2).JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 558
I picked up a "new" old stock 5 piece set of Ludwig Keystone's in blue glass glitter. It had the vibra-band mounts on it, but I replaced those with the ATLAS mounts. It was a pretty sweet deal, about $800 less than the current pricing. Plus, I wanted them in blue, which isn't available anymore from what I can tell.

I recently got a $1000 Red Rock Fijian mahogany stave snare for $200! Bargain! Beautiful sound, but what really got me was it's the lightest drum I've ever come across. Literally like carrying a feather. I couldn't believe it. My Ludwig supra phonic is now permanently on my practice kit...well, nearly.

Its all about portability, lightness and compactness for me these days. Less and lighter/smaller is more.

Amazing snare with one of those fancy three way snare throw off thingies.

Never been a gear head in the least and haven't much cared about what I play on as long as it's decent, cymbals a different story though, but this snare! Oh man. Love it. My wife is jealous of it.

I picked up a "new" old stock 5 piece set of Ludwig Keystone's in blue glass glitter. It had the vibra-band mounts on it, but I replaced those with the ATLAS mounts. It was a pretty sweet deal, about $800 less than the current pricing. Plus, I wanted them in blue, which isn't available anymore from what I can tell.

Lovely. How about some pictures?

GeeDeeEmm

Back