Fastest Double Bass Player?

The fastest record for double bass is Tim Waterson, I'm not sure of the exact number but it was very high, around 255-265bpm. The bpm thing people are talking about, what it is that alot of people who are into metal drumming say for example 215bpm. They mean 16th notes at 215 bpm. The fastest double bass in a musical context that I am aware of is for George Kolias of Nile that has a song with 16th notes at 264bpm. Derek Roddy of Hate Eternal has some songs that are 16th notes at 250+bpm.

For someone to be able to play 16th notes at 300bpm the ankle or leg( whichever the player uses) would have to change direction something like .0175 seconds. I believe that is the correct number, there was a debate on another forum about this that had all the math. That is insane how fast the human body would have to change. I'll try to find it.

Re: Double Bass

Tim Waterson said:
Pete is great and so is Richard but I hate to burst your bubble on opening of the gates but that has already been revealed by DEREK RODDY one of Petes best friends that the song was not PETE but a machine AGAINST PETE's wishes Trey quantized the pattern with a drum machine. I also Hear Pete refuses to play the song Live in retaliation.
IMHO.....PETE IS WAY TO GOOD FOR M.A. anyways.
watch out for George Kollias NILES New drummer most of their NEW material is 260 bpm.
God Bless
Tim
www.timwateson.com
Hi Tim, it's Tommy. I hate to tell you and I have seen thousands of WFD releated threads especially fastest feet and the absolutely worst 'bubble burster' is to see the name TIM WATERSON. haha!

Dude, we know each other, but come on, you have held the two top WFD World Records for like 5 years in a row. right? Insane!

There's tons of metal threads and I have even edited clips for some of these sites and they have been betting on all these metal guys for years that were going to knock you off. Where are they? First before you answer let me say 1030 single strokes in 60 seconds is not a monkey in training. Try 1/16ths at 200 and I think you are at 800 which is pretty close to 'DogBoots' by Virgil. right?

Are you going out to do the WFD at NAMM, if so what can we expect? I know you are not eligible to compete for the $12,000 in prizes, but also what hot young gun with the feet can we expect to come out of this WFD?

How about Thomas Lang? What's up with that?

TD

I've seen Thomas Lang is he's gotta be one of the quickest double bass players without a doubt. Also technique wise, he's amazing. An upcoming drummer that's pretty sick too is Benny Greb.

the drummer for chimaira is insane, but im not a fan of them at all. what about virgil donati?

i just recently signed up here. i myself dont play drums, but that doesnt mean i dont enjoy hearin drumming. im surprised to see that nobody in this forum has mentioned jason bittner from shadows fall, though he might have been mentioned else where. id say he is the fastest. he can keep time and technique. if anyone else thinks otherwise, please let me know.

#1 fastest drummer is Rory Koff, (No Use For A Name) on the song "on the outside"
also smelly from NOFX is pretty good. The Decendents are fast as well.

Yeah! Hellhammer(real name Jan Axel Von Bloomberg) are the fastest metal drummer alive today, no one is like him, trust me... I am a professional drummer, and i know what i say, Hellhammer are unique, because first, he's a jazz-drummer... Who agree whit me?

For DamageInc, Hellhammer is more more faster than Reno, in fact, Dimmu Borgir have chosen Hellhammer... Listen to Stormblast Re-Mastered... I have Emperial Live Ceremony, and Trym Torson it's a normal black metal drummer, nothing special... Hellhammer is unreachable, remember this...

that flo mournier guy is fast as hell, but then again, who cares who the fastest is? The important thing is using speed in a musical context.

sorry to bring back an old thread, but Kevin Talley has to be the second fastest double bass drummer ever. Listen to the song Everything You Love off of Chimaira's self titled album. Incredible double bass speed around one minute into the song.

there are 100's of gore/grind core drummers that are faster then anyone who ever took part in a fastest drummer comp. or are in a popular band(slipknote, morbid angel, dimmu borgir, ect.). they just dont boast it because they simpley dont care.

Back