do you open a thread because of who posted in it?

I log in, I hit "New Posts" and scan the list. If it's something that I think I can contribute to, I give it a read.

I do the same, but even if its a thread I *cannot* contribute to, if I see a key person posted (say last) am still tempted to read it. Usually looking for some humour. I mean why else open a thread like "is Ringo a good drummer?" or "will a P-85 strainer improve your sex life?".

I do the same, but even if its a thread I *cannot* contribute to, if I see a key person posted (say last) am still tempted to read it. Usually looking for some humour. I mean why else open a thread like "is Ringo a good drummer?" or "will a P-85 strainer improve your sex life?".

Ah yes, totally agree. One of my mantras is "Fun is where you find it".

I aim for the ones with unusual titles. birds of a feather and all that...

So it looks like I'll be starting that thread on edible cymbal stands after all.

Yes I do.

For some members, I'll read everything they post, even if I'm away for a while, I just backtrack their posting.

I feel the same thing seems to happen to my own threads where almost the same members tend to participate... who ever said that there's a "clique" on this forum :):):)

Other than that, the title of the thread is key, but I read a lot of threads without commenting on them... some threads are great inspirations for creating a cartoon :)

Back