1967 Ludwig Club Date

AirborneSFC

Gold Member
Found these at an antique store for $500.

20131102_155831.jpg

20131102_154536-1.jpg

I am half way through a full restoration. These will be in amazing condition when I am done.
Here is my thread on the restoration.

http://vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=41227

thats some restoration. looks like everything is going good for you. cant wait to see once they are done!

Sweet kit, even better restoration thread, keep the updates coming! Always love seeing the process step by step.

Thanks guys! They are nearly done. The last project is to repaint the inside. Still debating to use a spray can or brush on. Brushing it on would be more accurate to what Ludwig did but not as clean I suspect as spraying on the same paint.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Last edited:
Nice so far but I wouldn't touch the insides at all. It my opinion it hurts the resale value. Leave mother nature to herself.

Nice so far but I wouldn't touch the insides at all. It my opinion it hurts the resale value. Leave mother nature to herself.

Normally that would be the case but I had to make some repairs on the inside. I had some of the scarf joints/plies & re-rings starting to seperate. So because of that I decided to re paint. I can match the mellowed out paint easy though. I only have one date stamp remaining which will stay there.

Nicely done Airborne! Gotta love the 3ply Vintage Ludwigs!! Now get them out gigging for the world to see!

I just finished a full resto (more like a teardown and cleaning) on a '64 Downbeat I scored ridiculously cheap on Craigslist.

ILuv your kit,and also that rack thats holding your other kit very neat and tidy.Find that at a furniture store i guess???

Back