NAMM Photos, Anyone?

Those pics were just amazing!

too bad about the economy. I don't think a lot of those sets will be sold.

Phantastic pics - hmm, didn't found out, who shot them...??? !!! Need copyright permission for use on DW.

Bernhard

Wow, good news travels fast. I had to register to post. Yes, go ahead post here. Please contact me with any other info. I'll PM you with details.

Thanks!! Glad you all enjoy, I'll have more tonight and Saturday.

Wow, good news travels fast. I had to register to post. Yes, go ahead post here. Please contact me with any other info. I'll PM you with details.

Great photos buddy! That golf cart really is neat.

Thanks for those wonderful photos! The new Yamaha YESS mount on the Absolutes...I dunno. Jury is still out on that one. It kind of looks okay, and then it kind of doesn't. At least you can still get the original Absolute non-Nouveau lugs! Some of the Absolute kits in the photos had the original, fastened lugs. But those new YESS plates--so big!

You can see the new Tama "Sunny Yellow" finish in one of the corners of the Tama photos--Agh!! I need a better photo of that Yellow Bubinga Omni-Tune!

The Green Cordia and Bubinga Elite burl looks rather nice. And the Lars Tama kit--that must be the new SC Maple finish in Orange Sparkle (available for SC Bubinga, too, I believe). Nice.

The Yamaha White Grape Sparkle looks like a lime green sparkle finish.

I'll swing around the Tama booth and shoot that yellow for ya. They had the full kit of that setup last year. I have that image somewhere.

Thanks for those wonderful photos! The new Yamaha YESS mount on the Absolutes...I dunno. Jury is still out on that one. It kind of looks okay, and then it kind of doesn't. At least you can still get the original Absolute non-Nouveau lugs! Some of the Absolute kits in the photos had the original, fastened lugs. But those new YESS plates--so big!

You can see the new Tama "Sunny Yellow" finish in one of the corners of the Tama photos--Agh!! I need a better photo of that Yellow Bubinga Omni-Tune!

The Green Cordia and Bubinga Elite burl looks rather nice. And the Lars Tama kit--that must be the new SC Maple finish in Orange Sparkle (available for SC Bubinga, too, I believe). Nice.

The Yamaha White Grape Sparkle looks like a lime green sparkle finish.

Sorry dude but I had to, those shots are quality stuff, btw welcome on DW.

I'll swing around the Tama booth and shoot that yellow for ya. They had the full kit of that setup last year. I have that image somewhere.

Funk Drum,

THANKS!! I really appreciate it! I'd love to see that new Tama Sunny Yellow on the Bubinga Omni-Tunes in person!

Thanks again! I'll look for the photo.

Dunno 'bout those wooden rack tubes... I'd be nervous. They look cool though. LOVE the Gretsch bop kit.

Tama Starworks finishes look nifty, though not my bag. Lugs don't look plastic, but they do look huge!

The new Ludwig lugs are hideous. Might be better if those flanges where they touch the shell weren't there. The single double-sided one is a bit less terrible. I do like the very low-mass RIMS-style mounts.

DJ Drums can put 10 lugs on a bass drum and finish the inside & edges of the hoops, yet the other companies' upper-intermediate drum still lack them...?!?

I sheepishly admit I like the dice lugs on Rockett's snare.

The DW "Bomber" kit is the only time I've thought DW's lugs looked good. It fits.

The Pacific camo glitter is neat! Again, not my bag though.

Kimmel plays drums? Wonder if he's good, or if he should stick to his day job... Sweet Craviotto kit.

Pork Pie's take on the classic top hat & cane finish is hilarious!

Are the Cadeson acrylics seamless?

Great pics!

I was really stoked to see the Danny Carey snare, but now I feel one would have to order a new throw off when one purchased the snare. It's hard to believe there's a good reason for a plastic throw off on a sig snare. That's a head scratcher for me.

BTW, thanks for all the cool photos.

Last edited:

Hi Tommy

So i went on and made a picturegallery - please check out...georgeos pictures...thank you so much....

If you want some changes to make: no problem....

and again: so great pictures, here the link, frontpage:

http://www.drummerworld.com/index2.html

and

http://www.drummerworld.com/reports/NAMM20091.html

All the best greetings from Switzerland

Bernhard

Day 2 pics in link below, 199 more. Post questions, I'll be back on Saturday. If you want specific shots let me know and I'll try to accomodate.
You are all welcome, I'm happy to do it. I'm a total gear head, I could do this all day.

day2.jpg

Day 2 pics...

http://picasaweb.google.com/FullContactDrummer/NAMM09Day2

Back