Help talk me out of this!

2bsticks

Platinum Member
So I'm thinking about picking up a 10" side snare.

Do I need it? NO
Will I use it? Sometimes
I play 50"s and 60" music with a bit of Country, where will I fit this drum in?
How do you incorporate yours?

Not a big fan of side snares here, judging from the music you play, it would certainly be non traditional to put a poppy little thang in those tunes. I don't think it would suck, it may even work nice for some things..So, you're completely satisfied with all your rides and crashes and hats and you have nothing better to spend your dough on eh? Cool!

I never use my 12" hammered copper as a side snare, but as another "color" to pull out in the studio. I've used it for the couple of drum n bass gigs I did, but not for any other gigs. I had my eyes on a 10" DW snare at a local drum shop for a while, but thank goodness it sold. I don't know WHAT I would have used it for...

i used a 12" pearl firecracker snare when i was playing with a disco/wedding type band as my side snare for a few shows and took it away.

if i need to perform a song with a higher pitched snare sound...i just tweak my main snare up...and vice versa if i need a deep sound.

i don't think a 10" snare will be needed for what music you're going to be doing.

Really there's children still starving in Biafra, and you want a 10" snare. How selfish!
(You asked that we talk you out of this ha ha)

Simolian Pirates have been known to kidnap people who own 10" snares!
You probably won't have much use for it in your field of music.
A 13 x7 inch snare would be good!

Last edited:
As much as I would like to tell you to go ahead and acquiesce to your desires, I don't think it seems practical for the style of music you play. Also, being that I suffer a bit from GAS(Gear Acquisition Syndrome) myself, I can speak to owning a few musical items I don't often use.

I use mine mainly because it's there, but it sounds really cool, and you can use side snares to make drastic contrasting statements between chorus and verse, for fills, and to play various different styles with just one kit. 6x10 is a very funky little snare.

BUY IT.

Unless it will put you in financial Jeopardy.

Last edited:
QUOTE=2bsticks;567906] Help talk me out of this! [/QUOTE] OK....don't do it!
So I'm thinking about picking up a 10" side snare.
Go with a 12" instead of a 10". Much more versatile.

Back