microphone clips on toms

Jean Marais

Hi. Firstly thank you very much for all the interaction and information on the tom mounts on cymbal stands. Another question regarding the Mapex Black Panther Blaster shell pack. Does anyone know how the Sonic Saver hoops handle microphone clips if you mic up the toms in for example a live situation. I mean i can try some mic clips on the toms, but that still won't give me an indication whether different microphone clips will fit on the hoops. I have a feeling that it might be an issue.

Take a look at the Sennheiser e604 mic clip, which appears to have a newer design, not sure. Anywho, they fit on my triple flange and die casts and look beefy enough to claw onto the sonic savers. Buy them someplace that will accept a return or go try them somewhere first.

hRe: microphone clips on toms

Sennheiser e604 mic clip, which appears to have a newer design, not sure. Anywho, they fit on my triple flange and die casts and look beefy enough to claw onto the sonic savers. Buy them someplace that will accept a return or go try them somewhere first.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the feedback. The problem is that being an active gigging drummer in South Africa, i doubted whether venues will have suitable mic clips for the sonic saver hoops. That is to say if most mic clips do not fit on the Sonic saver hoops.

If the e604 clamps that Underhill recommended are working on his die cast hoops, they will surely work on the Sonic Saver hoops. Most cast hoops offer the least number of prominent edges to clamp to, so there should be no problem with the Mapex hoops.

GeeDeeEmm

I have used some "claw-type" mic clips in the past that barely were able to grab on to my S-Hoops (which are much wider flanged than Sonic Savers). I also have a cheaper kind of clip that would never be able to fit on anything but a diecast or triple flange hoop, BUT I had lots of luck clipping those to my RIMS mounts. Depending on how you arrange your toms, you could perhaps attach the clips to the Mapex isolation mount.

Back