DW Design Series

It would be nice if that marine pearl was applied to all of the drums, not just the little kit.

What I really want is an explanation for this-
picture.php

Last edited:
Wow, the Frequent Flyer kit looks awesome. My favorite drum sizes, with DW hardware, Maple Shells, and WMP wrap? Yes please!

I know there are some DW "Elitists" that hate the idea of more people playing DW drums, but to me, as long as they sound great and maintain DW's standard of quality, bring it on!

DW Series Frequent Flyer Kit - I know it's Peter Erskine and he can make buckets and pans sound beautiful....but I've listened to that clip several times now and they sound better than Collectors to me.
Smaller low mass lugs must make all the difference I guess.

DW Series Frequent Flyer Kit - I know it's Peter Erskine and he can make buckets and pans sound beautiful....but I've listened to that clip several times now and they sound better than Collectors to me.
Smaller low mass lugs must make all the difference I guess.

Agree, sounds and looks great.. Any pricing info?

Just got my Frequent Flyer kit yesterday. I put Acquarian Modern Vintage II heads on the kit and it sounds fantastic. Very nicely made, as well. Seems like a great kit.

I'm not up on DW stuff, but saw it in a 2014 pdf file - not sure if it's new.

Anyways, the Frequent Flyer kit has a 20 x 12" bass drum. Thought that was kind of interesting.

http://www.dwdrums.com/drums/design/

http://dwdrums.com/images/namm/NewForNAMM2014.pdf
Those are exactly the same sizes we produced on our Origin bop kit nearly two years ago. Coincidence? - probably ;)

Listened to the video, must be honest, I thought it sounded a bit thin in terms of tone. Certainly, the 12" choked out dynamically. It is an affordably priced kit though.

My mom has owed me some money for a few years. She said she finally wants to pay me back. So I told her that in lieu of the money, she can just buy me a new white DW Design Series 5-piece kit and we'll call it even.

I've finally decided on which new kit to buy, and this is the one. Can't wait!

Those are exactly the same sizes we produced on our Origin bop kit nearly two years ago. Coincidence? - probably ;)

Listened to the video, must be honest, I thought it sounded a bit thin in terms of tone. Certainly, the 12" choked out dynamically. It is an affordably priced kit though.

I own this kit and the 12" doesn't choke out dynamically. Nor do they sound "thin" in terms of tone. Actually, it's a great sounding kit. I put Acquarian Modern Vintage III heads on and they sound wonderful. A great sounding kit and at $1200 it's a bargain.

My mom has owed me some money for a few years. She said she finally wants to pay me back. So I told her that in lieu of the money, she can just buy me a new white DW Design Series 5-piece kit and we'll call it even.

I've finally decided on which new kit to buy, and this is the one. Can't wait!

Awesome man! Can't wait to read about them.

Back