2015 RRHOF inductees. Congrats Ringo!

MaryO2

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees are:

The 2015 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductees have been announced!
Performer Category: The Paul Butterfield Blues Band; Green Day; Joan Jett & the Blackhearts; Lou Reed; Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble and Bill Withers.
The Award for Musical Excellence: Ringo Starr
Early Influence Award: The “5” Royales

Nice group this year. However, I'm sure there will be the usual moaning and complaining. Can't please everyone.

What are your thoughts?

Athough Ringo is already in as a Beatle,he's been performing and serving as a kind of an ambassador of music,pece and love for decades now.I think he deserves a little something ,for being a major influence to drummers all over the planet,in a way NO other drummer ever did,or ever will.

Some may disagree ,but ,very few haven't heard of Ringo,and in some way,be influenced by him.Not even Buddy or Gene had the influence Ringo did,and ....still does.Let the flames begin.:)

As to others who deserve induction,well,I'm somewhay ambivilant about the actual honor of being inducted,considering who has been inducted in recent years.If Jann Wenner decides you get in,you do,and even if popular vote is in your favor,.....if he says no,then you don't.

Madona?While I recognize her contribution to modern pop music........like Dire Straights said in "The Sultans of Swing"... ."it ain't what they call rock and roll".

Steve B

Last edited:
There are already murmurs of Sir Paul joining Ringo at the ceremony :) That would be worth the whole shindig right there.

Personally I think it is a travesty that Chicago is not on the Hall. One of the biggest selling bands of all time.

I would also induct Cheap Trick over a few of the current inductees.

Personally I think it is a travesty that Chicago is not on the Hall. One of the biggest selling bands of all time.

Agreed 100% on Chicago! They should make it on their first 7-8 albums alone, despite/regardless of their major shift towards sappy ballads........

+100...Rick.Chicago has sold more records and concert tickets than just about any band in history,bar none.Too many hit/charted songs to list here.

Few people know this,but they have been continually on the road since the late 60's with little time off,and still tour to the present day.Too bad Terry Kath isn't around to see his legacy,continues.

I guess they don't fall under Jann Wenners idea of what an influental,sucessful and truly great rock/jazz band, really is.:(

Steve B

Well at least Ringo made it in :) (Sorry, just trying to bring the happy back)

Lou Reed, really? I know the elitists that run Rolling Stone hail his songwriting genius but the man didn't really have much of an impact on the music scene beyond his very narrow fan base, some of whom will likely show their disagreement with this post. They're getting desperate for artists at this point if they're to keep this an annual event. Joan Jett, a one and a half hit wonder. At least she represents rock.

Joan Jett before Chicago? No disrespect to JJ, but Chicago's music made a much bigger impact on culture from my POV.

I wonder what criteria is used to the induction process. Clearly, it's subjective.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: where there's no such thing as prog or heavy metal, and Green Day is considered "influential."

RRHOF continues to be a joke. A really bad joke.

Green Day?? Seriously?

Joan Jett is somewhat deserving.

But there are so many more artists had out there who have had a huge impact on rock music who aren't even getting a sniff.

Public Enemy, RUN DMC, Madonna, Isaac Hayes are in the RRHOF but Chicago isn't?? The whole thing is a joke and should be treated as such.

i'm glad joan jett and stevie ray vaughan are in (plus their bands are also listed as "in")

i'm cool with the rest except green day only because it seems a bit early for them (i.e. madonna)

lou reed...ehh. not into the guy but he was always interesting.

i love oldies but i never heard of the 5 royales.

but don't even get me started on those who are NOT in:

cheap trick
journey
sweet
bad company
pat benatar
foreigner
deep purple
........to name a few.

Back