Rehab..

blackbyrd

hey everyone, so glad to get back on DWF one month ago i had a medium stroke that I have for the most part recovered from. Everything is going well...I only have some major issues with fatigue and balance right now but I am expected to have a full recovery.

Since then I have already been back on the drums, first time was scary as heck for me...i almost had a panic attack, surprisingly I had no problems with my playing.

My doc said to find a hobby to help with relaxation...after much deliberation I have decided to take my hand at building drums.

I plan on recreating the first set I learned to play on... a 1970's era Slingerland Phantom set. so here is the question....

have any of you messed around with the acrylic shells? I am fairly competent with woodworking and want to try my hand at something new... how much of a handle am I getting myself into.

like I said a hobby...a labour of love...maybe two toms a year till i get it hammered out

any thoughts or suggestions?

Great to have you back! Glad that you are doing well and still playing.
I also have had a stroke in the past. (About five years ago now) I also made an almost full recovery. We are both fortunate people!
Sorry, I don't know much about working with acrylics. Best of luck on your new hobby.

Back